The Rowling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rowling Universe

The world created by JK Rowling for the Harry Potter Books.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» We've all been MIA
Occulmency By a Hufflepuff EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am by Calixta Harper

» Amelia Cassidy (WIP)
Occulmency By a Hufflepuff EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:38 pm by Kiara

» Character Notes
Occulmency By a Hufflepuff EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:13 am by Kiara

» Archives- Sept 18 2013
Occulmency By a Hufflepuff EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm by Kiara

» Comfortable as Nails
Occulmency By a Hufflepuff EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 am by Gabriel Hall

» Isdolani: Conlang for RP
Occulmency By a Hufflepuff EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Maalik Szadn Darksteel
Occulmency By a Hufflepuff EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:05 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Anger Management
Occulmency By a Hufflepuff EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Pending Future Characters
Occulmency By a Hufflepuff EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am by Kiara

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
RolePlayGateway Where there is a wand Hogwarts Next Generation
Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is Richard Menard

Our users have posted a total of 3576 messages in 527 subjects
Top posters
Calixta Harper
Occulmency By a Hufflepuff Vote_lcapOcculmency By a Hufflepuff Voting_barOcculmency By a Hufflepuff Vote_rcap 
Kiara
Occulmency By a Hufflepuff Vote_lcapOcculmency By a Hufflepuff Voting_barOcculmency By a Hufflepuff Vote_rcap 
Gabriel Hall
Columba Mars
Alexander Nighthook
Kissofdeath
Julian Kaiser
Ariadne Grey
Bastian Kaiser
Vinzent Zolnerowich
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search Widget

Occulmency By a Hufflepuff

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexander Nighthook

Alexander Nighthook

Occulmency By a Hufflepuff Empty
PostSubject: Occulmency By a Hufflepuff   Occulmency By a Hufflepuff EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 4:23 am

Chelsea sat on a sofa in the Hufflepuff common room, she rather liked it there in the common room, they were under ground, yet not in the dungons like the slytherin common room. It was quiet and serene kinda feel to it when one was alone.

A fire was crackling in the fire place provideing light and a bit of heat, with a Occulemcey book on her lap, she was read it causally while drinking some pumpkin juice and nibbleing on some candy she brought from Huneydukes. She hummed a tune as she took notes out of her book, keeping up her happy go lucky face. Well perhaps it wasn't a face, it was always better to be happy for what she had to start with.

As she read she found a Particular pharagragh she found interesting, yet possibly problematic for her situation..

"We’ve all experienced moments of intense emotions, which often seem to trigger various memories. These emotions make us vulnerable to various assaults on the senses, including assaults by our own brains and memories. If we are vulnerable, this also means that our thought processes are vulnerable, and thus could easily be probed. By clearing one’s mind of emotions, we are creating a barrier, which can’t as easily be probed. Since Occlumency is a defense mechanism against Legilimency, the legilimencer is trying to discover a particular piece of information. The occlumens by comparison, is probably trying to hide that bit of information, yet if his emotions are all in a jumble, all he is succeeding in doing is pushing that same bit of information to the forefront -- his mind thus looking a bit like Times Square at night. This makes the mind an easy target for any attack. A relaxed mind, one free of emotions acts like a shield, since the thoughts are all mixed together making it more difficult to isolate and find what one is looking for"

She bit her lip, hiding her emotions was sometimes very difficult for her, but then again she was looking to protect her self from her uncle, and he uncle was a different kind of Legimens.. but still it brought of something to think about... She could not imagine how she would barry her feelings, it was all she had really her feelings for right and wrong...

She sighed and leaned back thinking, " I want a second opinion.." She said to the book as of arguing with it and givng it a glare.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Gage Hall
Blood Rank: Muggle-born
Career: [H] Potions Professor

PostSubject: Re: Occulmency By a Hufflepuff   Occulmency By a Hufflepuff EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:22 pm

Selene pushed open the door to the Hufflepuff Common Room, a smile on her face, her broom propped against her shoulder, and a mug of hot apple cider in her other hand. The young witch's face was almost as rosy as her vivid red hair due to the chill of the coming winter. She had just been out on the Quidditch Pitch for a bit of flying. Robin was there, too, which made the evening flight all the more enjoyable. Before returning to their common rooms the pair stopped at the kitchens for something hot to drink.

It was a complete surprise to find the common room nearly empty. Normally the cozy living space was packed. No matter - Selene liked the peace and quiet, too. Besides, the only other occupant in the common room happened to be one of her best friends: Chelsea Quincey. Without delay Selene propped her Firebolt Avenger against the wall and strode over to her friend.

"Hey, Chelsea," the teenager murmured warmly, taking a seat next to her friend and promptly resting her feet upon the nearby coffee table. Selene thought a moment, grinning, and nicked a piece of candy from Chelsea's stockpile. "Whatcha studyin'?"
Back to top Go down
Alexander Nighthook

Alexander Nighthook

PostSubject: Re: Occulmency By a Hufflepuff   Occulmency By a Hufflepuff EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 12:31 am

Chelsea beamed up at her firend as she made herself known, "Ah Hey Sel, Don't with Quidditch I see" She was dead scared of flying, didn't stop her from trying every now and then of course.. screaming all the way.

She looked back down at her book at Selene's question, she looked back up after a moment and whispered "Occulemency, thought it is about time I got it down... having a disagreement with a certain parahagraph though." she said with a pout.

"I refuse to believe, masking all emotion is the only way to protect ones mind" she said, pouting she herself would think very difficult to hide her emotions quite like that.. Granted s she could make herself look happy and no one would be the wiser... but that wouldn't be the same thing right?

"Have you ever tried it Sel? Occulmencey?" she asked curious.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Occulmency By a Hufflepuff   Occulmency By a Hufflepuff EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 2:30 pm

"Yeah," sighed Selene. She took a sip of her cider, and found that the candy she'd nicked from Chelsea went incredibly well with the beverage. The witch was still daydreaming more about her time with Robin than the Quidditch practice.

A serious expression crossed Selene's face the moment the word 'occlumency' was out of her best friend's mouth. What was her friend studying occlumency for? Curious, Selene decided to lean towards Chelsea to try and find this paragraph that was giving her a hard time. Based on her friend's next comment about the book it didn't take long for Selene to find it.

Selene's face went completely blank at the question posed by Chelsea. Despite the unreadable expression on the girl's face, her mind was going a mile a minute. Oh, yes, she had tried Occlumency... and not entirely by choice. "Mm-hmm..." Selene murmured quietly, nodding her head in case she wasn't heard. "A long time ago, though. I... I wasn't very good," she admitted, remembering her uncle's yell whenever she didn't get it.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Nighthook

Alexander Nighthook

PostSubject: Re: Occulmency By a Hufflepuff   Occulmency By a Hufflepuff EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 11:55 pm

Chels glanced at her firend, her reaction to this was serious, more then she thought. She blinked and closed her book. "I am sure you weren't that bad Sel, takes ages to learn Occulmencey, you tried years ago? Weren't you just a kid?" she asked, she seemed to be being really hard on herself, most 15 year olds even didn't learn Occulmency.. since it was so difficult to master.

Chels took a candy and made her self comfortable on the sofa next to her firend, ignoring her Occulmency study for now, prefering to talk with Sel instead.

"I am taking lesson's this year" she admitted, she had yet to talk about her situation with her firend.. how her family was being driven crazy by her uncles mind invasions. She wasn't sure how really it all sounded rather unbelieveable. Bit much as well she guessed... to just let it pop out all of sudden, she was shamed to admit she was nervous how sel would react to it.

"If you were just a kid when you tired to learn Sel.. doesn't mean your bad at it... some things become easier to learn while older right?... I am still having trouble with it" she said, it made sence really, she still didn't understand certain asspects of the subject.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Occulmency By a Hufflepuff   Occulmency By a Hufflepuff EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 8:46 pm

Selene swallowed and blinked in an attempt to clear the memories of Lycurgus Blake from her mind. "Mm-hmm..." she confirmed quietly. "...Eight or nine..." The teen nodded as Chelsea admitted she was taking lessons for it this term. Although certain that her friend was trying to learn Occlumency for a good reason, Selene was happy when Chelsea put the book aside. It was silly, really, to be nervous at the sight of a book. It still made her wonder why?

"Yeah. Or at least that's what I've heard, too..." Selene sighed. "I, um... the person trying to teach me wasn't very nice about it." Lycurgus had also been teaching her for entirely the wrong reasons as well, but Selene really didn't want to open that particular can of worms. What if her uncle hurt someone close to Chelsea, like what happened to Robin's real parents?! "I think, for me, the emotions-masking sort of thing got better once he wasn't teaching me... but it's still tricky."

"Um... why do you think it's about time you learned it? If you don't mind me being all nosy and asking?" she asked, infusing a bit of playfulness into her voice at the second remark, in an attempt to lighten the mood.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Nighthook

Alexander Nighthook

PostSubject: Re: Occulmency By a Hufflepuff   Occulmency By a Hufflepuff EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:39 am

Chelsea blinked in concern a Sel recounted from her time of being to taught the art of sheilding ones mind. Learning from someone who wasn't so nice about it was not a easy project..

"I am sorry Sel, something like that must have been horrible... I didn't know " Chels said sincerely patting Sel on the shoulder, feeling bad for making her feel bad. Teaching something like Occulmencey to a child so young.. Occulmencey was ment to be learnt volunteerlily..

At Sel's question to her, Chels smiled, the playful tone to Sel's voice made her reject the idea to telling Sel the whole story right there... it wasn't the right time.. and she wasn't really sure where to start. To just blurt out her Uncle invaded her and her familes minds would be a bit much.. But she didn't want to lie to her friend either.... so there was her other reason for learning Oculmencey.. the rising tention with all the blood issues and the whispers of a preparing rebelion.. Sangreal.. who she thought of joining or supporting.

"To protect my mind" she said with a slight sheepish smirk.

She then looked down at her hands, "With the rising tentions, and blood issues lately I am thinking of supporting the Sangreal, depending on how things go... Guarding my mind might be a good idea" she explained quietly.

She then glanced back at Sel her smile still on her face, though a softer more cautious one.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Occulmency By a Hufflepuff   Occulmency By a Hufflepuff EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 3:48 pm

"It's alright. You didn't know," Selene murmured. "It's not something I usually talk about. Sometimes wish I could forget it, to be honest." She took a sip of her cider and leaned into the pat on the shoulder. With friends Selene had the potential to be quite the chatterbox. When it came to talking about family, however, she did not speak much. Selene knew little of her biological family, and despite the years she didn't know as she truly felt connected to her foster family, either. She loved the Stone family, certainly, but it wasn't quite the same. And then, of course, there was Robin...

Selene listened to Chelsea's response seriously. The overall idea made sense to the witch even though the whole blood thing didn't. Whispers of the Sangreal could be heard in places where individuals supported everyone regardless of what their blood was like. It did not escape her notice that such discussions did not typically contain Slytherins.

"I wonder why they aren't teaching that here? Sounds useful..." Selene remarked, glancing to Chelsea and smiling softly. Then, a thought occurred to her: "But hold on, you said you were taking lessons, yeah? Are they... nice? I-I mean... maybe... would you mind, and d'you think they'd mind... if I joined the class, too?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Occulmency By a Hufflepuff   Occulmency By a Hufflepuff Empty

Back to top Go down

Occulmency By a Hufflepuff
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Rowling Universe :: Schools :: Hogwarts :: Below Ground Floor :: Basement :: Hufflepuff Common Room-
Jump to: