The Rowling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rowling Universe

The world created by JK Rowling for the Harry Potter Books.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» We've all been MIA
Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am by Calixta Harper

» Amelia Cassidy (WIP)
Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:38 pm by Kiara

» Character Notes
Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:13 am by Kiara

» Archives- Sept 18 2013
Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm by Kiara

» Comfortable as Nails
Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 am by Gabriel Hall

» Isdolani: Conlang for RP
Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Maalik Szadn Darksteel
Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:05 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Anger Management
Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Pending Future Characters
Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am by Kiara

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
RolePlayGateway Where there is a wand Hogwarts Next Generation
Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is Richard Menard

Our users have posted a total of 3576 messages in 527 subjects
Top posters
Calixta Harper
Wrong Number - Page 3 Vote_lcapWrong Number - Page 3 Voting_barWrong Number - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Kiara
Wrong Number - Page 3 Vote_lcapWrong Number - Page 3 Voting_barWrong Number - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Gabriel Hall
Columba Mars
Alexander Nighthook
Kissofdeath
Julian Kaiser
Ariadne Grey
Bastian Kaiser
Vinzent Zolnerowich
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search Widget

Wrong Number

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Julian Kaiser

Julian Kaiser

Wrong Number - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm

Julian froze for a moment as Nicole made a startled reaction to his absent-minded preoccupation with her hair. He winced, realising he'd probably pushed his luck far enough for one night.

"I'm sorry, Nic, I wasn't paying attention," he apologised, smoothing it back into place before withdrawing the offending hand. "I don't have long hair, and yours is pretty and silky," he mumbled, blushing slightly. Luckily she seemed to not be so upset that she didn't still want to see him again, which helped him to recover a bit. He took a grateful sip of the beer she'd kindly poured out for him, hiding behind his pint until it was half empty and the pink tinge had faded from his cheeks.

"I actually had some ideas about that, but it's a surprise....if you don't mind," Julian added, wondering which one of his ideas she might prefer. "I might need a couple of days to set it up, though....in the meantime, I was thinking, my daughter is up from Germany at the moment. Do you think Shelly might want to meet her? We could set up a playdate or something," he shrugged, thinking it might be fun for Violet to play with other children.

"Her English is pretty...rem, rusty, and I thought it might help her out a bit to be around someone closer to her age. I don't want her getting bored only hanging out with Bas and I all the time. Does Shelly like puppies?" Julian wondered aloud, remembering that Shelly had a familiar of her own.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Gage Hall
Blood Rank: Muggle-born
Career: [H] Potions Professor

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:16 pm

Nicole promptly blushed after her startled outburst and Julian’s immediate apology. She bit her lower lip. ”Don’t worry about it,” the woman murmured, inadvertently mirroring Julian’s actions by hiding behind her glass. ’Stupid, stupid, stupid!’ Nicole silently berated herself. She couldn’t explain her reaction anymore than she could explain why the sun rose and set. A part of her wanted to apologize, yet the other saw no need to. Hopefully the awkward moment from behind their respective glasses would pass without damaging too much of their pleasant evening out. A third of the way into her glass, Nicole emerged despite the fact there was still a faint tint of pink upon her cheeks. Sometimes it was necessary to retreat a little and regroup.

A blonde eyebrow rose with interest upon hearing Julian had some ideas. And... a surprise? That certainly got Nicole’s attention. ”Well, now I’m curious. But a surprise’ll be interesting,” she chuckled, glad the awkward moment seemed to have passed. Further intrigue swept through the witch upon hearing it might take a couple of days to set it up. ”I’m sure it’ll be well-worth the wait,” Nicole smiled in an attempt to reassure him. A bit of time to digest how this date went and determine precisely how she felt was probably best anyway.

Her smile widened as Julian mentioned his daughter. ”Shelly loves meeting new people. I think she’d enjoy a playdate... I’m kind of careful as to whom she hangs out with, for obvious reasons” the witch replied, voice trailing off a little helplessly. It was quite a pill to swallow: acknowledging Nicole feared Shelly being siphoned, and this fear in turn made Nicole somewhat overprotective.

She nodded understandably about the likely language troubles. If they had lived in Germany for a good long while, it was only natural that her German would be stronger than her English. Amusement lit up Nicole’s face at the thought of an energetic little girl in the care of the two wizards. She knew Julian was an auror so taking the girl to work with him wasn’t likely the best idea. Especially with a wizard like Zolnerowich on the loose at the Ministry... Nicole laughed at the question about puppies. ”She loves animals of all kinds, not to worry. Her kitten, on the other hand... We’ll work something out” she answered congenially.

”Perhaps your daughter can help teach Shelly some decent German, too” Nicole joked, referring to her accidental string of profanity at the start of their evening.
Back to top Go down
Julian Kaiser

Julian Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Julian chuckled amd shook his head. "Well I certainly hope it'll be worth the wait, in any case. I'll have to pull some strings and call in a few favours, but I think you'll really like it. If not, feel free to punch me in the nose for being an idiot," he joked, shrugging. A ban on magic carpets had recently been lifted, and he wondered how much it would cost to get his hands on one...he'd only need it for one night, really, unless Nicole really liked it. It might be useful to have anyway -- another method of getting himself around with Violet living with him now. If the idea didn't work, he had a half dozen others lined up to take its place. He was determined to make this date perfect.

Julian nodded at Nicole's remark -- in times like these, one could certainly never be too careful. With Nicole's own background, he could imagine all the trouble she took to keep Shelly safe. It must have been a considerable effort, but a necessary one until she was safe at Hogwarts with all of the protection the ancient castle provided. Too bad Violet was too young for such a place just yet; she'd probably like it a lot better than Durmstrang, from what he'd heard of Hogwarts. It would probably be best for her to go to school there when the time came, but that would certainly be another battle with Kate, although an easier one if and when he won full custody of his daughter.

He wondered idly if she'd be allowed to bring Wicket with her to Hogwarts -- perhaps if he wrote to the headmaster, they'd be willing to make an exception. The idea of trying to care for a dog with his current job situation was less than appealing, he has to admit; the only reason he was dealing with it now was because Violet was there to do most of the work, much to his relief. Never having had a pet before, Julian didn't quite know how to go about caring for one, but apparently Kate had taught Violet well.

"The pup's friendly, I'm sure it'll work out fine. And yes -- perhaps they can teach each other a little bit. It's the best way for a child to learn, from what I've gathered -- to be around other children, that is. I certainly hope Violet isn't too familiar with your kind of German, though -- I'll probably have to be more careful myself now, too. Her mother will murder me if she gets sent back spouting off some of the more, er, colourful phrases," he said with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:31 pm

It almost felt like Nicole's eyebrows vanished into her hairline. Pulling strings, and calling favors? The witch became even more curious, and was half tempted to ask. But she already consented to being surprised so she held her tongue. A quiet chuckle left her at the joke. "I doubt anything that harsh will be necessary. Got a pretty wicked right hook as it is," Nicole replied, teasing a little as a bit of mischief sparkled in her eyes. She still wondered what he had planned, and what if anything could possibly make her dislike whatever notion Julian had come up with.

Nicole smiled and nodded at the thought of the puppy. Shelly's kitten was fairly congenial when the little girl wasn't hugging the thing to death - an exaggeration to all but the feline in question. "I've heard that, too," she murmured, remembering a distinct conversation of the past when she had first moved to West Sussex. It worried Nicole that for all of her attempts to protect Shelly that she was possibly hindering the girl's potential by being so paranoid about siphoners descending upon their home.

A laugh escaped the witch. "We'll both have to watch it... if you ever want to bring her over to my place? It's well fortified with the latest wards, I keep my guns well out of reach of children, and there's plenty of room for the puppy to run out back," Nicole remarked, not sure if the suggestion was too forward or not. "And I promise to watch my language. Wouldn't want her mum after both our hides," she added, laughing a little.
Back to top Go down
Julian Kaiser

Julian Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:26 am

Julian grinned in response, not doubting the veracity of Nicole's statement in the least. "Oh, I'll bet you do! Wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that, myself," he admitted wincing at the thought. Having gone through his Auror training with a wide variety of different people, he was well aware that even a tiny witch like Nicole could pack a very good punch if they were trained correctly, and he had no doubt that she was. Just the firm, even tone of her shoulders informed him of that much.

He laughed at her assurances of safety in her house -- probably locked up tighter than Fort Knox and child proofed to death, he was sure, given Shelly's rambunctious nature. "Sure, it's bigger my than my flat, although trust me, I've got all the latest wards too myself. It might be nice to take Violet on a trip out of the city, though, so count me in. Maybe we could even make it a slumber party," Julian joked daringly, with a wink to show he was kidding. Well, probably, anyway -- he definitely wouldn't say no if Nicole agreed, although it was most likely too early for that sort of thing. They weren't even dating yet....

His brain tripped on that little word -- yet. If he was honest with himself, he'd admit he was really very taken with Nicole, and wanted more than just friendship. He didn't introduce Violet to just anyone, after all -- he'd never introduced her to a single other woman before, so Nicole was a very special exception, friend or girlfriend. Julian may have enjoyed his liquor as well as the company of pretty women, but he'd never been irresponsible in his role as a parent, knowing when to toe the line when it came to his daughter.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:37 pm

Nicole couldn’t help but grin back. Julian’s expression was contagious, much like his laughter. Although, she couldn’t help but wonder if by his admission he was merely humoring her or if he meant it. The witch decided not to spoil her night by critically reviewing every little thing. Besides: he was an auror. Surely some form of combat training was a requirement, and it certainly wouldn’t hurt witches and wizards to know a little of what Nicole referred to as ‘practical self-defense’.

She nodded and blinked as Julian mentioned the safety measures on his own place of residence. ”Of course. I would expect you to. I only meant...” the witch trailed off, beginning to turn pink again, but shook her head as if hoping to shake off the color that had sprouted. She wasn’t sure how to explain why she felt an urge to explain and reassure him her home was safe. Sure there was the parent-to-parent approach but it was more than that. Nicole felt her limited magic might be seen as a potential security weakness.

In the end it was, inevitably, Julian’s joke and wink that allowed her complexion to return to its normal hue. The woman actually turned pensive for a moment at the mention of a slumber party, not objecting but a little hesitant to instantly agree. There was the spare bedroom... and the girls could certainly share a room with the extra cot from the basement. It was probably too early for such a thing, and given her reflexes might not be the best idea just yet until she got used to Julian being around. “Maybe,” she returned noncommittally, adding a shrug for good measure. "There is a spare bedroom upstairs, so it's not like there wouldn't be enough room. I don't usually entertain, but I think I can make an exception," Nicole added, slightly flirty but serious at the same time, with a dash of hesitation. She wasn't quite sure how Julian would interpret that...

As a matter of fact, the witch wasn’t quite sure what she herself meant by saying it. Her simple 'maybe' would have sufficed. Nicole supposed if Julian wasn’t opposed to the idea of his daughter staying the night that she wouldn’t mind too terribly. There was definitely plenty for the kids to do: movies, games, playground-type stuff in the back yard... and depending on what the girls did, and if Julian hung out with the lot of them, there were similar things they could do while Shelly and Violet played. Shelly had desperately wished Nicole would allow her friends to come over for slumber parties once upon a time. Perhaps now or in the future was the time to try a small one with the Kaisers?

With a blink of surprise Nicole realized she’d done all of this thinking while practically staring at Julian’s hand instead of looking directly at him. Hoping Julian didn’t think her rude for her sudden nosedive into thought the witch looked back up at him. ”We should see how they interact first, and let them get to know each other a bit,” she suggested, taking a small leap by placing her hand in the one of his she’d been focused on. They weren’t officially dating yet, no... but it felt like the right thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Julian Kaiser

Julian Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 6:11 pm

Julian looked at Nicole with a rather tender expression as she blushed again for some indeterminable reason. Perhaps she thought he might find her reassurances to be over the top? As a parent, he couldn't; as an Auror, he could only applaud her efforts in these dangerous times. Whatever exactly it was that she had been doing so far, it seemed to be working. Shelly was clearly healthy and happy and safe, which at the end of the day was all they could really hope for. He understood her seemingly compulsive need to prove she was doing a good job taking care of her daughter -- sympathised, in fact, as he felt quite the same way about his own. Julian had a little too much experience with people claiming that he didn't do a good enough job, in the form of Kate, of course.

"Don't worry sweetheart, I took no offense," he said automatically without thought, and then realised he'd slipped and called her a pet name, causing his cheeks to take on a pink tinge of their own. The only thing he could think of to do was to charge on as though it hadn't happened, and he was able to move past his mistake fairly quickly.

The mention of a spare bedroom both surprised and disappointed Julian; surprised because he hadn't seriously thought she'd entertain the notion at all, and disappointed for fairly obvious reasons. In no way did he mean to force his way on her, but he was still a red-blooded male with certain desires, that couldn't be satisfied in separate bedrooms. He wasn't sure that would be the best idea with the girls around, though -- that was probably the type of thing best saved for a night alone, perhaps having hired the services of a sitter.

"Yeah," he agreed simply to her suggestion, shaken out of his reverie by her words and then surprised again by her touch. Julian turned and looked ito her eyes, momentarily forgetting what they had been talking about. The amount of beer he'd been drinking throughout the night was finally starting to seep into his brain a little bit, making him not yet drunk, but putting him in a pleasantly warm and fuzzy state of mind. He held her hand between his own and pressed it to his lips, closing his eyes and lingering for a moment. Her skin smelled clean and pleasant, and faintly of the beer she'd been sipping all night. The smell was pretty intoxicating; he breathed it in and made a decision that he sincerely hoped he wouldn't regret.

"Nicole, I just wanted to say...I've really had a great time tonight," he started, finally pulling her hand away from his lips and setting it between them in the booth. "I like you a lot. I know it's probably too soon to start anything serious, but...I just thought you should know. In case it wasn't obvious," he added with a smile. Julian wasn't always the best at talking about his feelings, but it was the best he could do at this early point in time. He already felt like he was a breath away from asking her out as it was, and he wasn't sure if that was an idea that would be appreciated by Nicole just yet.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:41 am

Nicole blinked at Julian's use of a pet name, and surveyed his features to make absolutely sure he hadn't taken offense. Either it was the lighting, or the beer, or both, but the woman could've sworn she saw a wave of color appear on his cheeks much like she had done moments before. She nodded her acceptance that he was sincere, relieved as well that Julian hadn't taken it the wrong way, but didn't remark on the pet name. It could've been accidental, or he could've meant it. Only time would tell. The more pressing concern on the witch's mind was the topic at hand being discussed. Perhaps Julian, as something of a single parent himself, understood more than she gave him initial credit for.

Julian sounded slightly distracted, and quite frankly Nicole was a little distracted herself. A part of her wondered what he had been thinking about while the other realized she may have had a touch too much beer to drink. Her thoughts as well as concentration on the conversation were interrupted as Julian locked eyes with her. Was a held hand too forward? Wait, that was a silly question: she'd taken him by the hand when they got here. Regardless, she wondered if perhaps the gesture was somehow too sudden.

She was just considering removing her hand and apologizing when Julian took hold of it. To her surprise and barely-masked delight, the wizard pressed his lips to her hand. Nicole was tempted to brush her thumb across his cheek, curious as to what his skin felt like, but held herself back. An odd blend of awkwardness yet undeniable and slightly fuzzy, beer-induced comfort wove through the witch as the moment lingered on.

Emerald eyes gazed at Julian, focused on his eyes instead of their hands. In fact, she only belatedly became aware that her hand was now resting between them. Nicole's heart beat a little faster as he began to speak anew. Instead of replying immediately the witch kept silent, waiting for him to finish talking so she could take in the full of his words, and decide how would be best to reciprocate. A sweet wide smile crossed her features.

Nicole scooted herself slightly closer to Julian before she spoke. The witch took care to make her hand retreat more toward her thigh but still stay between them. She chuckled a little when he finished. "A bit obvious, but sweetly so," Nicole replied, teasing lightly. It was tempting to mirror Julian's actions and press her lips to his hand but instead gave him a peck on the cheek and settled herself close beside him. "Tonight has been great," she agreed brightly. "This is the first time in I-can't-remember-how-long since I've had a proper night out with someone.

"... Almost wish it wouldn't end,"
Nicole murmured softly, a little unsure of herself as she said it. Not about hoping it wouldn't end - the woman was certain about that. Instead she was uncertain about how such a comment might be received and interpreted. However all good things were both worth the wait and did have to end sometime.

"If it's there, and you mean it: say it," she shrugged about the timing of his statements, perhaps a tiny bit gruff around the edges, and leaned against him in something like a hug. Nicole was too short to put her arm around his shoulders like Julian had done with her. "I... really like you, too, Julian," Nicole added softly, though wasn't quite sure how to elaborate or if she should. There was still so much he didn't know, and most of it were things Nicole really didn't want to tell or relive. Hopefully, when and if all her secrets were revealed, Julian would still feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
Julian Kaiser

Julian Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:20 am

Julian enjoyed the sensation of Nicole's soft lips against his cheek; despite how many times it had occurred tonight, it still set his heart racing every time. He wrapped his arm around Nicole as she sidled up closer to him, sure that she'd be able to hear how loudly his heart was pounding from the way she was positioned near his chest. It wasn't as though she was unaware of how he felt about her anymore though, and she claimed to reciprocate those feelings, so he simply leaned down to kiss her hair and tried not to worry so much.

Everything felt so comfortable and perfect, and he quite agreed with her murmured sentiment -- his casual invitation to watch the game had turned into a dinner date, and yet here they still were, game over and still cosied up together in their private booth. It wasn't what he had been expecting, but it had been a wonderful surprise nonetheless. There was no arguing with a turn of events like that -- it was about time his luck started looking up.

Her words about saying what he felt was what ultimately gave him the courage -- why not, he liked her and she liked him. Sometimes these things were complicated, but right now it really seemed quite simple. There was no need to make this a bigger deal than necessary. As far as Julian could tell, there were no conflicts of interest or any negative effects that could result as a consequence of his next words, except perhaps that she'd shoot him down. If he couldn't live with a bit of rejection, then Julian wasn't worth his salt as a man.

"It's been a long time since I've had a proper night out, either -- although with all the alcohol we consumed and the kisses given and received, I'm not sure it could rightly be termed proper," he teased, leaning into the question gently. "We've already established that we want to see each other again, I think, but I need to be honest with you. I want more than just a couple dates. I find myself...quite taken with you, Nicole. I don't think that you're the type of person to string someone along -- that's one of the things I like about you. You're a straight shooter," he grinned at his own cheesy little pun.

"So if you're not interested in dating me, or if it's too soon -- just say so. I promise I won't hold it against you or be upset. If not...it would make me very happy to have you all to myself. It's selfish, I know, and soon. I'm not pushing for anything further right now...I'm not trying to force you into anything you don't want. I just want to know if I'm right, and that there's something here between us...that I'm not just imagining things."

After this little declaration, he waited with baited breath for Nicole's reply, wondering if he had, in fact, gone too far. He hoped that she coud forgive him eventually if he had -- Julian had meant every word about not holding it against her if she refused him. He'd wait -- patiently, without putting pressure on her -- as long as it took her to feel the same way he did.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:38 am

Nicole slowly closed and then opened her eyes. The warmth and weight of Julian's arm coupled with being able to hear the wizard's heartbeat put her at an almost complete ease. Were they in a place where she could completely relax, Nicole was willing to bet herself comfortable enough to eventually fall asleep. She couldn't dispute that the evening had gone better than she could have ever anticipated. Perhaps Lori had a point, oh so long ago...

A snicker and a nudge were bestowed to Julian about the alcohol and kisses lessening the value of the evening having been a 'proper' one. Nicole nodded a little to reassure him about wanting to see him again. As it seemed the conversation was about to turn serious the witch shifted a little so she could look at him rather than up at him. It was difficult to take this position without sacrificing at least some of the comfort she felt, but Nicole wanted Julian to know that he had her attention and that if the situation deemed it so she was entirely serious.

She laughed a little at his pun despite it being a little cheesy. It did much to ease the mile-a-minute pounding of her heart. Nicole certainly wasn't the type to deceptively lead someone on. However Julian's declaration for what she assumed was a serious, committed relationship after one date took the witch by surprise. If Nicole were to be any means of honest with herself, she was also a little flattered that Julian was 'taken' with her. The witch glanced to her date's lips and lightly bit, then licked, her own. She could sense there was more to what he wanted to say.

"Julian..." Nicole sighed, returning to her former position. "It is soon, but I am interested in dating you and I don't think you're imagining things. I haven't so much as looked at another man with interest since I was twenty-four, until now obviously. You don't have any competition to speak of," she told him, giggling slightly at the notion of Julian being a bit jealous of a nonexistent candidate for Nicole's heart.

"I ask that you continue to be patient with me, though..." she added, sobering up from her amusement quickly. Her tendency to be a bit jumpy was what she'd been referring to: a reaction she was just as embarrassed of as a bit proud. It gave her an edge in the form of lightning-quick reflexes. A shame part of it formed during a not-so-pleasant era in time - that was where the embarrassment came from. She should have been able to see it, and should have gotten away sooner. Should have been able to defend herself... "I...

"I am a straight shooter,"
the woman murmured, giggling once again. It hadn't been what she was about to say, but it worked. Not to mention it was much more pleasant than her explanation of why age twenty-four, or why until now she avoided the eyes and pickup lines of man and the occasional woman alike.
Back to top Go down
Julian Kaiser

Julian Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:57 pm

Julian nodded, smiling to reassure Nicole that he was fine with her decision. He'd more or less expected it, but his disposition was one that require him to get things off his chest sooner rather than later. Now that it was over with, he could relax a bit more and stop second-guessing himself every time he wanted to lean over and give her a little kiss...like right now, for instance.

He did so, briefly laying a kiss on her cheek, very much wanting to return to the evening's earlier, more lighthearted mood. It wouldn't do to let her think he was upset, especially because he wasn't. Honestly, he felt a lot better now that that was out of the way. "You are a straight shooter," he agreed, grateful for that fact. Being two such very upfront individuals, Julian hoped to avoid the usual pitfalls and complications. Having kids involved in this made things delicate enough as it was.

"No worries, I have all the time in the world...and no competition, apparently, which I have to say I find pretty surprising. Gorgeous woman like you...well, you did say it was you who hasn't been interested. I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean you haven't gotten offers," he smirked.

"I can only imagine you've been breaking hearts left right and centre, so I suppose I'm getting off easy. I'm still in the running at least," he laughed, reaching for his glass again. It'd only take him a few more drinks to get properly toasted, and he figured he might as well make the best of his night off. Besides, the pitcher was still nearly half full.

"Now, don't take this the wrong way, but would you care for another drink?" he asked, indicating towards the pitcher. "It would probably not be a good idea for me to finish that alone, but if I must, I will attempt it!"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 2:13 am

The smile Julian set her with put the witch a bit at ease. Although she was willing to stand by her decision regardless of how he took it, Nicole was glad that he was accepting. It pleased Nicole that Julian was upfront and unafraid to just come out with something rather than beat around the bush, and respect any decision that replied him. When she was a bit more certain of both herself and how she felt about the wizard in question Nicole would certainly make it undeniably obvious. Assuming of course she didn’t overdo it too much tonight in the alcohol department as it is.

But there was one thing Nicole did know for certain: she enjoyed kissing Julian, and being kissed in return.

Another thing the witch learned was Julian’s lips were always softer than she’d anticipate, though completely without sacrificing any masculinity on his part. It was a revelation that once again crossed her mind at his kiss upon her cheek. Before Julian pulled away entirely Nicole placed a hand unthreateningly upon the side of his neck and pulled him back, reciprocating with a kiss to the cheek of her own.

Nicole smirked, and although once again flattered by Julian’s compliment she managed to contain most of the blush that wanted to flit once more across her face. She nodded at his comment about time. Depending on what the witch wanted out of life, she may or may not be able to say the same. A laugh left her at his smirking remark about likely having gotten offers. ”Trust me: working in pubs and the like... I get offers. Some less coherent than others,” Nicole chuckled, sensing the mood of their date taking a turn back toward the lighter road. She couldn’t bring herself to truthfully explain just yet why she refused them.

”I dunno about breaking hearts, but the grabbier ones got a boot up the @$$ and out the door,” Nicole laughed. Despite the light tone she was completely serious. To make sure the vibe of the evening remained light, she added teasingly, ”I suppose I am letting you off easy. But I’d say your chances are much higher than any of the other blokes here.”

She watched him reach for his glass, and then glanced to her own. It was empty save for the few drops at the very bottom and some remnants of foam. Emerald orbs next glanced to the pitcher. There was still quite a bit there, approximately half full, and the bartender would surely dump it rather than reuse it. It would be a shame to waste good beer...

Nicole cast a sideways glance at Julian at the offer of another drink, amusement practically dancing across her face at his words. ”Trying to get your date drunk, huh?” she teased. ”As interesting as it might be to see if you could, I’m inclined to agree that’s probably not a good idea. Besides, I can’t let you have all the fun,” Nicole replied with a flirtatious laugh and wink, reaching forward to nudge her glass to slide towards Julian’s. ”Fill ‘er up, please.”
Back to top Go down
Julian Kaiser

Julian Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 7:37 pm

Julian smirked, satisfied that he was right, and also at her joke about booting people out of the door. He couldn't help but be pleased with that information; she certainly hadn't reacted that way with him. All the same, he made a mental note never to grab her inappropriately, even as a joke. There was no need to test that theory, especially given her trigger-happy nature.

"I knew it!" he declared, grinning. "All in the line of duty, right?" He inclined his glass towards Nicole and finished it off, relishing the feeling of every muscle intending itself with every sip. This was quite a relaxing, enjoyable way to spend an evening -- laughing and kissing and drinking. Leaning forward slightly to grab the pitcher, he promptly obeyed Nicole's order for a refill, shaking his head slightly at her words.

"Believe me, I'm not trying to get you drunk -- that's your responsibility. I'm trying to get me drunk," he chuckled, refilling his glass as well. "Gotta soften the blow of defeat somehow, right?"

Last edited by Julian Kaiser on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:56 pm

Nicole chuckled. Once her glass was refilled the witch accepted it with thanks and had a sip. In times like these it was probably a good thing she didn't know how to apparate. The woman was fairly certain she probably would have given it a try while severely under the influence at least once.

Her smirk twitched into a grin at Julian's response. "The match aside, I'd say tonight has been a victory," Nicole winked good-naturedly. "And as far as the match is concerned I'll have to keep my eyes open for further ones featuring the Dragons. Would be interesting to see them and the Falcons duke it out... Preferably when both teams are at their best."
Back to top Go down
Julian Kaiser

Julian Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:06 am

Julian closed his eyes for a moment, starting to feel the alcohol take its desired effect. Reopening them, he smiled rather devilishly at Nicole's remark.

"Maybe a little too interesting. Might end with one or both of us in tears and a few broken bones from me stumbling into the bar or something," he joked, thinking he should probably avoid making any more of a scene at The Leaky Cauldron for a good long while.

"I mean, it's fine now 'cause you're not even really a Harpies fan, but things might change if it's the Falcons. Someone's gonna need a bit of comforting, is all I mean," he said with a wink, taking yet another drink from his glass. At this point Julian was starting to ramble a bit; it wouldn't be long until he started talking utter nonsense, and he knew it.

"Just a word of warning -- I'm a talkative drunk and I'm slowly getting to that point. Also I will do my best not to, but if I grab your arse or something, please don't shoot!" It was said in a joking manner, but Julian was only half-kidding.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:53 am

Nicole chuckled, then shrugged, "Wouldn't be the first time with either, for me. Doubt it'll be the last.

"And that's probably true, about the comforting. I'll be sure to do my best,"
the woman teased, giving Julian a supportive pat on the shoulder. "Although, if the Dragons won... I daresay they'd find their list of fans would have an added member afterward," she added out of fairness.

Nicole was nose deep into her glass as Julian mentioned he was talkative when drunk. It was actually a little amusing: from her vantage point it looked like there were two Julians. Either that or maybe it was the alcohol starting to effect her as well. She giggled a little and wondered just how talkative was talkative. The witch decided she could drink and listen at the same time as Julian continued...

Bad idea: Nicole comically spat the partial sip she'd taken back into her glass with a laugh. "Considering the only firearms I have on me are stashed in my shoes, and they're a little tricky to get at, I'd say you're safe for the moment. From that, anyway," she replied, blending seriousness with a dash of flirtation.

"I'm a wild card when drunk. Never know from one time to the next. Guess it depends on my mood," Nicole shrugged, blinking slowly. The witch could recall fragmented memories of her behaviors whilst inebriated. She hoped that if she did get drunk tonight that whatever she said or did wouldn't embarrass or offend Julian. Then again... if he was getting plastered too, the wizard probably wasn't likely to mind too much.
Back to top Go down
Julian Kaiser

Julian Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:14 am

Julian just laughed and shook his head, which disoriented him slightly. Yup, it was definitely starting to hit -- and about time, too.

"How did I know you were gonna say that?" he asked, grinning down at her. "You just loooove teasing me. Well I have news for you -- two can play that game. Now I know you're as unarmed as you're ever likely to get outside of a shower...." he trailed off, distracted by the thought momentarily, but he managed to regain his thread.

"...and so I can tell you, with absolutely certainty...." and at that, he leaned in close to her ear, whispering seductively, "...I need to know what size to buy your new Dragons robes in," he finally finished, pulling back and chuckling, clearly pleased with himself.

"Wild card, hmm? Never would have guessed. Pray tell, what kind of mood are you in now, Nicole?" he asked, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear and letting his fingers linger on the soft skin of her cheek.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:10 am

Nicole laughed a pure string of mirth at Julian's response. She took another large sip of beer, giggling it down her throat at his comment about her enjoying teasing him. "I do love to tease," she murmured, blonde brows furrowing with slight confusion at a thought that crossed her mind. They relaxed a moment later in determination to not let anything concern or confuse her.

"Oh?" Nicole challenged playfully about the teasing. Were she not feeling the effects of the alcohol she probably would have been disconcerted about Julian's comment even though she had told him herself that she was mostly unarmed. Instead she laughed once again. It was completely true, however: she always carried two firearms at the bare minimum. And showering with firearms in general just wasn't a good idea.

A shiver bolted up and then down Nicole's spine as Julian whispered into her ear. "I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours," she answered softly after emptying her glass to a third full. Her tone was flirtatious, and for comic affect Nicole stuck out her tongue playfully.

Nicole pensively licked her lips, assessing what sort of mood she was in. "A very good one," the witch replied, leaning into the contact. As a part of him was within easy reach and her alcohol-laced mind encouraged her to do it, Nicole pressed a kiss to the inside of Julian's wrist.
Back to top Go down
Julian Kaiser

Julian Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:19 am

The tone that Nicole took got Julian's blood racing again, a complex, paradoxical sensation as the alcohol simultaneously slowed down his system. She could give as good as she got, she was certainly right about that, but Julian wouldn't be beaten. A competitive spirit overtook him, encouraged by his current state. He smirked at her turning the size question back onto him, and his mind instantly went in the gutted.

"Large," he declared, arching an eyebrow at her. And then she licked her lips, once more effectively derailing his thought process. Perhaps getting drunk with her wasn't as good an idea as he thought; if she kept up doing what she was doing, he would surely end up getting himself killed, or worse. The soft kiss on the wrist robbed him of his ability to continue with their little joke, his competitiveness disappearing as quickly as it had come.

It was as if his body went on autopilot, acting for him while his brain languished behind, enjoying the ride. He cupped her chin and tilted it up towards him, leaning down to meet her lips with his own.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:45 am

Nicole's eyes widened in surprise at Julian's declaration, thought about it for approximately two seconds, then guffawed. Were she back in the land of sobriety her reaction would've been similar. For the life of her the woman couldn't think of a proper response to that one. If she had, they could have kept their little competition going. Although, if Nicole wanted to be brutally honest, her thoughts were no longer on their lighthearted game...

Feeling the heart within her chest pound against her ribcage, the witch observed through an intoxicated haze as Julian's fingers left her cheek in favor of her chin. Nicole decided after a fraction of a second's worth of hesitance to oblige Julian as he tilted her chin (and by extension the rest of her head) up and toward him. Without thinking Nicole wrapped a hand around his own and swallowed a case of nerves in the time it took for Julian to reach her. In fact the witch wasn't thinking about much at all at this point. As their lips met Nicole placed her other hand upon Julian's neck once again. Her fingers absently stretched towards the hair on the back of his head, suddenly curious about the texture.
Back to top Go down
Julian Kaiser

Julian Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:06 pm

As Nicole's reaction was....encouraging, to say the least, Julian gently pulled her closer, deepening the kiss. The fireworks he was seeing were almost literal at this point, as with every light touch of Nicole's, his nerves fired off like rockets. It took awhile for him to register anything else besides the smell, the taste, the feel of her, but eventually he realised that music was playing somewhere in the background, rather loudly.

The game now over, it was time for the post-game celebration and someone had turned on the WWN so that people could dance. Reluctantly, Julian opened one eye and turned ever-so-slightly to observe, his lips still on Nicole's. Feeling more that perhaps they shouldn't make out in a booth in full view of the pub all night, rather than that he didn't want to, he gave her lips one last kiss before pulling away. He entertained some rather tumbled up thoughts about giving her an option, although the more one-track side of his mind protested that if she didn't want to keep kissing him, she'd have pulled away herself.

"D'ya wanna dance?" he asked, making the question sound like it was all one word. "'m fine right here but I don't wanna keep you cooped up in the corner here unless you wanna be."

Last edited by Julian Kaiser on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Nicole obediently shifted closer, starting to see stars when Julian deepened the kiss. Very much against her usual demeanor the witch had tuned out everything else except the wizard beside her. For all her mind cared she and Julian were sitting on air. And as for that table... What table? She became more aware of her surroundings once again at Julian's pause, blinking as she glanced around for the source of the distraction.

Music was playing loudly now. Probably the post-game celebration, she mused. Personally she was neither here nor there about it, considering the Harpies weren't her team and her date's team had lost. Perhaps now that all eyes weren't on the game it wasn't such a grand idea to snog in front of everyone and their owl.

The witch tossed possible answers to Julian's question around in her head, resisting the urge to bite her lip. "I've never been one for dancing," she murmured, then laughed. "It's probably silly... I know how to fight, but can't dance to save my life even when I'm sober. But if you wanna dance I'll try not to step on your feet." Nicole added, seeming unsure whether to speed up or slow down the rate at which she spoke. Even though stepping on someone's feet wasn't very funny - particularly to the individual getting stepped on - she giggled at the mental image her words had conjured.

"Seems like they're celebrating the Harpies' win, mostly. If you want we could go somewhereelse?" Nicole offered with a shrug.
Back to top Go down
Julian Kaiser

Julian Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:42 pm

Julian shrugged, resting his arms on Nicole's shoulders as he looked down into her eyes, leaning his forehead companionably against hers. "They'll be celebrating the Harpies win anyplace they serve alcohol," he pointed out, "but I don't mind if you'd like to go someplace else. We can go anywhere you'd like."

Julian wasn't sure if she was insinuating that she'd like to pay his flat a visit, or that she wanted to call it a night, or that she just wanted to get out of The
Leaky Cauldron in general. He couldn't exactly trust his judgement on that at the moment, either, although he was fairly certain that if they ended up at his apartment, the likelihood of the night ending with Nicole punching him in the nose would skyrocket. Or maybe she [I]did[-I] mean what he thought she did, in which case he wouldn't mind leaving immediately to oblige her. Although that would effectively render the whole "let's not get serious right away" bit essentially pointless.

"As for the dancing...I'm not an expert but I can sway somewhat in time. And on the slow ones, I could even spin you around in circles. Though perhaps that might not be a good idea right now," he realised, noting that Nicole's eyes had the slightly glazed sheen telling of drunkenness. Better not risk it, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:31 pm

Nicole smiled and uttered a simple acknowledgment to Julian's point. "I was thinking somewhere more peaceful, but not too peaceful. Daresay after this pitcher we've probably both had quite enough alcohol for one night," she elaborated, stifling a chuckle. The woman had been plastered further than this before but not on a date.

She wasn't really sure where else to go, but somewhere different sounded like a nice idea when she'd thought it. Depending on the place the notion might conclude seeing her earlier decision of not getting too invested so soon fly out the window. Nicole's eyebrows furrowed with thought and scrunched the rest of her forehead. To reassure Julian that she wasn't upset by anything Nicole pushed forward just a little to place a soft but brief kiss on the corner of his mouth.

A quiet laugh left the witch at Julian's reply. It would have been louder normally, but Nicole didn't want to hurt Julian's ears. Nicole only required one raucous laugh practically in her ear while drunk to remember to be mindful of such things, if little to nothing else. "Unless we both wanna end up on our arses on the floor," Nicole snickered.

"Let's go somewhere... Unless you're tired? Shoulda asked first... Bit of a night owl, myself," she suggested, glancing down to find and then link his hand with hers.
Back to top Go down
Julian Kaiser

Julian Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:05 pm

It was surprisingly difficult to focus on thinking of a nice peaceful place to go nearby, especially when Nicole was distractingly close, and her hand was soft and warm in his. There was Nightwalk Green, but as everyone would likely be out celebrating, it might not be very peaceful.

"I'm not tired, and think I have an idea, actually...but we'd have to stop by apartment first to get my broom," Julian was quick to mention, not wanting her to get the wrong idea. "We could go for a little ride...I'm pretty sure the skies are the only peaceful place in London that we could get to right now, 'cos I'm pretty sure I'm not up for Apparating, are you? Unless you have a better idea," he shrugged.

"I quite have to agree with you, there," he started, glancing at the nearly-empty pitcher. There was enough left for maybe one drink. "We're so close now, we have to finish it. You can have the last glass, or I can, or we can split it, I don't much care. Just can't stand to see anything go to waste."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrong Number   Wrong Number - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrong Number
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Rowling Universe :: The World :: Residence :: Julian Kiaser's Flat-
Jump to: