The Rowling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rowling Universe

The world created by JK Rowling for the Harry Potter Books.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» We've all been MIA
Comfortable as Nails EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am by Calixta Harper

» Amelia Cassidy (WIP)
Comfortable as Nails EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:38 pm by Kiara

» Character Notes
Comfortable as Nails EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:13 am by Kiara

» Archives- Sept 18 2013
Comfortable as Nails EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm by Kiara

» Comfortable as Nails
Comfortable as Nails EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 am by Gabriel Hall

» Isdolani: Conlang for RP
Comfortable as Nails EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Maalik Szadn Darksteel
Comfortable as Nails EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:05 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Anger Management
Comfortable as Nails EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Pending Future Characters
Comfortable as Nails EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am by Kiara

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
RolePlayGateway Where there is a wand Hogwarts Next Generation
Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is Richard Menard

Our users have posted a total of 3576 messages in 527 subjects
Top posters
Calixta Harper
Comfortable as Nails Vote_lcapComfortable as Nails Voting_barComfortable as Nails Vote_rcap 
Kiara
Comfortable as Nails Vote_lcapComfortable as Nails Voting_barComfortable as Nails Vote_rcap 
Gabriel Hall
Columba Mars
Alexander Nighthook
Kissofdeath
Julian Kaiser
Ariadne Grey
Bastian Kaiser
Vinzent Zolnerowich
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search Widget

Comfortable as Nails

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Liara Lightle
Blood Rank: Half-Blood
Career: Minister of Magic

Comfortable as Nails Empty
PostSubject: Comfortable as Nails   Comfortable as Nails EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:32 pm

Anora sat in the dirty cell of Azkaban, she leaned back looking at casual as one could in this certain circumstance. She had been sentenced to Azkaban for 30 years for her murder of a Auror who had been sent to take her in for her dealing in the blackmarket. She hadn't meant to kill him, it had been a horrible day.. and he had been in her way. That is right.. she even admitted she had not been in her right mind.. but that did little to lessen the sentence against her. She ran to, with her infant son, she wanted to make sure he was safe and hidden before she was captured..

So here she was wasting away her cell, and trying to keep her sanity, while the only thoughts she had were her own.. and the occasional visit from auror guards.. and they weren't the best company.

She tried to keep her mind active and thinking, sometimes random things anything to take her mind away from the complete boredom the plagued her.. Sometimes a poem crept to her mind, and it calmed her soul.. for a moment anyway.

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference"

She looked around her cell after finishing reciting the old poem and then scoffed it off, "Yeah... Bull****" she swore stretching her sore limbs and looked to her door in disdain if only she could get out of here and walk her own path again...
Back to top Go down
https://therowlinguniverse.rpg-board.net
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Gage Hall
Blood Rank: Muggle-born
Career: [H] Potions Professor

PostSubject: Re: Comfortable as Nails   Comfortable as Nails EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 2:50 pm

Axel stretched on his cot, wishing the thing was a twinge softer than a slab of granite. The Azkaban cell almost seemed like home, only dirtier and not nearly as warm during the cold seasons. Axel bit his lip, wondering what would await him after this five-year stint. His wife and son were long gone... he wasn’t even allowed to attend their funeral, due to his current predicament. Once he was free, he’d go to their gravesites – something he’d promised in thoughts and prayers for the first three months after hearing about their murders. Axel also vowed to find out who did them in, and exact revenge on the entire lot responsible...

But until then he was stuck here, forced to while away the hours in monotony. This would be his longest stay in Azkaban yet. How long he could last before breaking was yet to be seen. The guards didn’t treat him terribly, but they certainly weren’t the best company. Axel preferred to simply be left with his thoughts... thoughts which were kept active and in-progress via a small journal he’d been granted, with quill and ink, on the grounds of good behavior. The little journal was crammed full of puzzles, problem-solving for when he was finally let out, and much more. Not so much of an inch of space was wasted, and only Axel himself could make sense of all the scribbles... just the way he liked it.

The wizard had been scribbling away again when a woman’s voice caught his attention. It wasn’t a voice he knew, therefore it couldn’t be one of the guards. Axel sat up, abandoning his journal, and stood to venture toward the bars. Across the way he saw her: long brown hair, green eyes, and Azkaban resident’s garb. How had he not noticed her before? Axel wrapped his hands around and then leaned against the bars, listening to the recital with interest.

“How d’you figure that one, lass?” he asked at the scoffing commentary.
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Comfortable as Nails   Comfortable as Nails EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 4:02 am

Anora blinked at the sudden voice that was not a guard and moved to the bars of her door "Who are you?" she asked right way more curious about who her neighbor was then anything else including his question leaving it aside for now.

She has just been moved from another floor the night before and she had been unconscious and didn't even remember her move to the other floor. Her old cell was just that, old an filthy, even the guards had to feel sorry for her trying to stay as healthy as a prison could in a dirty cell.

Yes now that she thought about it her cell did look cleaner and more well maintained.. this had to be a lower level. for lower level crimes, Flirting with that guard must have helped somewhat.. She shrugged and looked over at her neighbor "Haven't had a neighbor before.." she commented unsure whether to trust him or not..
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Comfortable as Nails   Comfortable as Nails EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 4:40 am

"Who wants to know?" he snickered, amused by her curious tone. When Anora stepped up to her door to look out at the block, Axel decided right then and there that his first glance at her didn't even begin to compare to how beautiful she was, and must have been before finding her way in here. The wizard sighed, and decided to answer her anyway. "The name's Cross, lass. Axel Cross.

"You're on level two, block ten," he added, not certain if she was a transplant from another level, if she was in some other way disoriented, or if she knew full well where she was and just wasn't expecting "company" of sorts.

A small laugh that wasn't quite a chuckle left his lips. "Never? Well, then I suppose I should consider myself lucky. You're the first one in a while I've seen that might not come after me for blood, in the event these bars weren't here..."
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Comfortable as Nails   Comfortable as Nails EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 3:49 pm

Anora rolled her eyes at his first answer, but she was amused first bit of normal conversation in a long time. She leaned on the bars of her cell and nodded to his name "Anora Roseman, it hasn't been used in a while" she muttered.

The brown haired inmate nodded to her location, "I see, I have been moved  then, formerly from Level 8 bloody awful place up there ya know... though sadly.. this is not that much of an improvement.." she looked around with a shrug. "Still filthy.. but at least company is better.. my last neighbor only hollered  nonsense.. and tried to kill me once..." she said with a snicker. he had obviously been unsuccessful.

"He got away form some idiot Auror and stabbed me through the bars.. the bastard" she chirped and sighed.. "Oh it certainly felt good to deck him one for that though" she said stretching again to work out the soreness in her bones.

"What are you in for anyways Cross?" she asked, cliqued question maybe.. but she was curious all the same.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Comfortable as Nails   Comfortable as Nails EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 am

"Anora Roseman," Axel echoed, scratching his chin. "Pretty name. Has a bit of a ring to it, if you ask me," he smiled. Anora's amusement fueled his - it had been a while since he'd held a normal conversation, though he recognized it probably wasn't nearly as long a gap as hers had been.

A wince flickered across his face to hear where she had come from. "Ah, the infamous Level Eight... Never been up there, but ya hear stories real fast in this place. Glad they at least saw fit to move ya now, lass," he replied, chuckling darkly at Anora's tale of the failed attempt on her life. "Daresay I've met him once before, too. That, or he has a twin brother... Either way, your transfer's damn near a reason to celebrate, I think, if only they'd bring us in some booze every then and again, eh?" he added, winking playfully.

Axel glanced as best he could down each section of corridor to make sure they weren't being eavesdropped upon. Not that it really mattered, as it was a common 'icebreaker' question. Satisfied despite not fully being able to see if they were being watched or not, the wizard shrugged. "Ticked off the wrong family, I suppose you could say..."

- - -

"Surely you can come up with something a bit more original than that, dearie?" a second voice snickered, followed by thundering clicks of boot heels upon the stone floor. He stepped from the shadows and into plain view for the both of them. "I know I certainly can..." he smirked, showing a row of pointed, crooked teeth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comfortable as Nails   Comfortable as Nails Empty

Back to top Go down

Comfortable as Nails
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Rowling Universe :: The World :: England :: Azkaban-
Jump to: