The Rowling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rowling Universe

The world created by JK Rowling for the Harry Potter Books.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» We've all been MIA
Anger Management EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am by Calixta Harper

» Amelia Cassidy (WIP)
Anger Management EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:38 pm by Kiara

» Character Notes
Anger Management EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:13 am by Kiara

» Archives- Sept 18 2013
Anger Management EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm by Kiara

» Comfortable as Nails
Anger Management EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 am by Gabriel Hall

» Isdolani: Conlang for RP
Anger Management EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Maalik Szadn Darksteel
Anger Management EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:05 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Anger Management
Anger Management EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Pending Future Characters
Anger Management EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am by Kiara

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
RolePlayGateway Where there is a wand Hogwarts Next Generation
Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is Richard Menard

Our users have posted a total of 3576 messages in 527 subjects
Top posters
Calixta Harper
Anger Management Vote_lcapAnger Management Voting_barAnger Management Vote_rcap 
Kiara
Gabriel Hall
Columba Mars
Alexander Nighthook
Kissofdeath
Julian Kaiser
Ariadne Grey
Bastian Kaiser
Vinzent Zolnerowich
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search Widget

Anger Management

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Gage Hall
Blood Rank: Muggle-born
Career: [H] Potions Professor

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 11:04 am

Dennis Quincey stormed into the Hufflepuff Common Room. It had been a terrible day: he had overslept, nearly missed breakfast, was late to his first class, and on his way to lunch his bookbag had ripped open at the seams. Dennis had gotten lost heading to one of his other classes and barged in on a third-year Arithmancy class, shoved against the wall in a crowded corridor by an older and stronger student, and tripped up in front of the entire Great Hall on his way to dinner. When Dennis went to clobber the git that tripped him, he was almost instantly given a detention for the following evening.

With a huff Dennis wandered to the nearest area that resembled a corner in the cozy, circular room and slammed his bookbag onto the table. As he sat down he realized he should have gone to his dorm. There was no telling when Chelsea would show up, and he was still angry with her for betraying their hiding place to Darcy. Dennis tried to focus on the spell to stitch up the hole in his bookbag, but with all of the pent-up frustration floating around in his mind the conjured needle stitched everything but the gaping hole.

Dennis growled as he slammed down his wand, picked up the nearest thing he could get his hands on (someone's Rubik's Cube), and threw it with all his might across the room, not aiming at anyone or anything in particular.
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Liara Lightle
Blood Rank: Half-Blood
Career: Minister of Magic

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 3:34 pm

Chelsea had been in the Great Hall when she witnessed her brother trip and subsequent detention, He looked rather more flustered than usual about the whole thing, so out of concern she went to the common room to see if the could find out what was eating her younger brother lately. She would have thought he would be happier getting away from Darcy and all, yet Dennis glared and avoided her any chance he seemed to get. Yes she was a little worried about her brother.

However upon entering the Hufflepuff common Room door she was greeted with Rubik's cube flying right into her face. With painful knock is bounced off her..

" Ow!" She yelped as she held her face in her hands as her face throbbed. She chanced a look up to see who had been the culprit who through it at her.

"Dennis?!" she said not sure what to say, she would be will to accept it was a accident since she walked in just after he through it. But still the impact really hurt.. " Den what was that for?" she asked pulling her hand away to make sure she wasn't bleeding. She wasn't but she was sure her eye or something was starting to swell.
Back to top Go down
https://therowlinguniverse.rpg-board.net
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 4:32 pm

Dennis's eyes widened at the yelp. He could feel several pairs of eyes look up, shifting to Chelsea and then onto him. His face reddened. 'Just great...' he thought. Of all the people Dennis wanted to avoid, and he just happened to bean his sister with a Rubik's cube. Dennis narrowed his eyes and turned away from the accusing stares the moment Chelsea turned to him. He could have tried to stop it if he knew how to cast a banishing spell on the cube... but on the other hand there was a small speck of him that was glad she got hit. It was a part of his mind that hadn't been there until Darcy started scrambling things around, poking at it until Dennis wanted to scream with rage. Dennis always felt weird once the feeling had gone: as though he had done something terribly wrong, but couldn't remember the details.

The boy crossed his arms at the question, defiantly not answering for several moments. It had been an accident. With all of the scorching frustrations of the day bubbling over all at once, Dennis didn't feel like explaining. She'd probably lecture him about it regardless of how he answered, anyway. "I didn't tell you to walk into it!" he snapped, sitting down and plucking at his wand and bag. There was no point trying to carry the bag normally since it was still ripped open. Dennis just wanted to get away from the situation and lock himself in his dorm for the rest of the week.
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 5:07 pm

Chelsea blinked, her hand still covering the left side of her face and she stared at her brother in confusion for a moment. And swallows when the other kids in the room start to whisper. Never has Dennis talked to her like that before, with such anger directed at her.

"Den?.." trails off seeing her brother look down right miserable and bites her lip for a moment wondering what to do. Staying in the common room was out of the question and she knew it.. they couldn't talk without being eavesdropped.

She walked over to Dennis and leaned down, " Alright Den, I know I walked into it by accident.. Lets get out of here okay?.. " she paused and observed his bag, "I will help you with your bag?" she offered as a hopeful peace offering. She removed her hand from her now swollen eye with a hiss in a effort of help him carry the broken bag.

" Come on, we will make it better okay?" she whispered hoping the others in the room couldn't hear her, and to perhaps calm her brother down.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 6:40 pm

Dennis didn't answer to his name, feeling both angry and guilty in equal measure. He didn't want to see what his act of blind rage had inadvertently done to his sister. As she walked over, Dennis became more and more interested in the designs he could find hidden in the wooden knots of the polished table. The side of him that felt guilty over the incident assumed and was glad that Chelsea interpreted his ill-tempered words correctly.

If it weren't for what had happened back home, or the place Dennis had to refer to as home, he would be hard-pressed to continue to be angry with Chelsea. To Dennis it felt like all of his frustrations had been crammed into a teapot and left to boil until the kettle shattered. "Fine," he grunted, standing up again. The boy took the long way around the table, and did his best to ignore the further stares and whispers.

"She's the House Prefect..."

"I hope the git doesn't lose us any points..."

"I'd take him to see the Head of House, and let them sort it out."

"He's already got one detention. And he's her brother, she wouldn't do that."

"Well, she should! It's only fair. You saw what happened..."

Dennis started to feel sick. Would Chelsea really punish him for an accident? Darcy wasn't here to force things one way or the other, thank Merlin. It didn't seem at all like Chelsea to punish him. Then again, it didn't seem at all like Chelsea to betray him, either, and look what happened there...

The fresh air of the corridor outside the Common Room helped some to ease the knots in Dennis's stomach. The scowl on his face still demonstrated he was in a foul mood, but his eyes were marginally softer than they had been. Dennis propped himself against the wall and crossed his arms again, waiting for Chelsea and whatever consequences his burst of anger had earned him.
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:42 pm

Chelsea ignored the whispers, true she was a prefect, but this had nothing to do with it, something was bothering her brother and it had to do with her. She was there in capacity as his sister not his prefect. With a sigh she muttered a spell to mend his bag and swung it over her shoulder before joining her brother against the wall.

"What's wrong Den? and not just about today.. seems you have been angry since you got here. I.. what happened?" She asked quietly glancing at Dennis timidly, worried perhaps Darcy had something to do with this, since had always wanted to put a wedge between them.

Chelsea bit her lip wondering if it was true, "Did I do something?" she asked though she was sure she hadn't but she wasn't sure what was going through Dennis's mind. "If I did, you know I didn't mean it..' She said putting the mended bag down beside him and conjured a cloth and ice to put on her eye which was turning into a quite a black eye.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:40 pm

Dennis glared as Chelsea seemed to pry for answers, though the expression quickly turned into something of a grimace as he finally saw the swollen black eye. He knew very little about the fact that this distance between them was exactly what Darcy wanted. All Dennis knew was that their uncle now knew about something that he shouldn't have known, and the only answer that made sense was what he'd been told. "You should know bloody well what's wrong!" Dennis snapped, pushing himself off the wall and starting to pace near the Common Room's entryway. "You could've at least told me!"

Dennis looked at Chelsea like she had sprouted a second head. She really didn't seem to know. There was a simple explanation for that: Darcy did something to erase her memory. "So you 'didn't mean' to tell Uncle Darcy about our safe spot?!" he asked, raising a critical eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Chelsea looked confused once again as Dennis shouted at her, she really didn't know what he meant but it was obvious he was really angry with her. She swallowed feeling a lump in her throat as she attempted to hold off her tears. "Den I don't know what you mean, I never told Darcy where our spot was. Why would I?" she said following, him upset now her self.

"I never told him anything Den I promise you, he must have found out another way. I would never snitch on you like that" She said sadly, hurt that he had been convinced she betrayed him.

She wiped a tear away from her face, "Whatever Darcy has told you Den.. don't believe him... " she whispered. biting her lip, hoping her brother would listen to her like he once did.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 11:37 pm

It certainly would not have been the first time Darcy had lied to him, but Dennis didn't know any other way... unless Darcy had used him to discover the hiding spot. But Dennis didn't remember - couldn't remember - and unfortunately the same excuse towards Chelsea could very well apply to him. Darcy could've made him forget.

"He found me, Chels... Like he knew precisely where to look. I-I dunno how he found out, if you didn't tell him," Dennis explained, his words no longer containing the sharpness he'd used before. The boy was confused, tired, and the possible notion that it was Dennis himself who revealed their secret location made him feel sick again. "And then I tried to run, and he froze me. Said you couldn't take care of me anymore..."

Dennis sighed, propped himself against the wall again, and slid down it to sit, curled up, on the floor. "I don't wanna go back there for holiday, Chelsea... it's terrible," he whined.
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 3:17 am

Chelsea observed Dennis with concern and sadness as he explained his confusion, thinking he shouldn't have to go through this. She placed a hand on his shoulder as he started to explain what happened. All the while cursing Darcy's name.

"I am so sorry Den, had i know I would have tried to find some where else and make it harder for him to find you.." she said rubbing his shoulder.

She started to felt even worse for him when he leaned on the wall and curled up on the floor, he was still her baby brother, it pained her to see him so scared. "It is okay, you can stay here for the holidays with me, it will be alright" She said sitting beside him and giving him a one armed hug.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 2:22 pm

Dennis leaned into the touch. He was reminded fondly of his mother before she changed, and times when things started changing and Chelsea was the only one able to cheer him up. "He'd just find out anyway... the git," Dennis pouted.

He nodded, though wouldn't be surprised if Darcy wrote almost ordering him to come home for the holidays off. Dennis could pretend the letter never came, or had been destroyed by rain so as to make it unreadable. He sighed. "What about the summer, though? They don't let us stay here then, do they?" That would be too good to be true, in one sense.

And idea hit the boy, and he looked up while leaning into and returning the one-armed hug. "Do you have your own place yet? Maybe I could come live with you...?"
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm

Chelsea sighed, if he found out once he could again it was true, he could read Dennis's mind basically do whatever he wanted.. Chelsea bit her lip at his questions, she wasn't sure, if she was honest.. She couldn't leave Dennis in Darcy's care any longer that was for certain... but she lacked the power to really do anything. She had a place to stay but bringing Dennis to live with her and Darcy could charge her with kidnapping if he wanted to keep them apart...

" I am not sure Den.. I got a place lined up but... if he wants you back all he has to do is charge me with kidnapping.. and I am underage, no jury in there right mind would let me take you....." she said frowning for a minute.

Then she got an idea, perhaps someone could help them, someone Darcy would have a harder time taking down..

" Come on, we are not giving up yet.. there is a professor here I trust, perhaps if we tell him what is going on he can help us?" she explained starting to stand up to see Professor Allaway.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:53 am

Dennis swore. Why did the adults have all the power in situations like this? It wasn't fair. "Isn't there anything we can do?!" The boy scowled at the marble floor instead of his sister. He wasn't angry at her anymore; it was Darcy, and everyone responsible for making today horrible for him. "I don't understand what a jury has to do with it..." he pouted.

He perked up at the possibility of another solution. "Who is it?" Dennis asked, blindly grabbing up his fixed bookbag with one hand and taking Chelsea's hand with the other.

------------

Kaleb Allaway sat in his office, adding the last few grades and House points to his book. He glanced at the clock, sorely anticipating the end of his evening office hours. That was the only semi-drawback about being a Head of House: one had to be available at (almost) all times for the students. The werewolf personally preferred students seek him out here than try to find his chambers. For one, he kept a decent supply of alcohol in his chambers. Secondly, he would likely be repeatedly awakened if he went up there too early. Add to that the territorial nature of werewolves, and it was just easier to stay in his office.

Pale blue orbs peeked again at the clock with pleading puppy-dog eyes. "Just a half hour more, kiddies, then I'm calling it Happy Hour..." Kaleb sighed to the empty room as he pawed through his desk drawers for something else to keep himself occupied.
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:20 am

Chelsea sighs, " He could make it a legal issue Den, he could make it so you and I are separated permanently.. Since he is our legal Guardian.. the courts would let him.." she said leading him to Professor Allaways office.

"Professor Allaway... Darcy paid me a visit few weeks ago, Allaway saw a bit of it and picked up something seemed wrong. I waved it off, but he still offered to help, I am hoping he will believe us when we tell him what is going on and be able to help" she said turning down the corridor and to the doors on the Gryffindor Heads Office. "I don't know if our Head of House would take us seriously" She said momentarily thinking it odd they were going to the Gryffs head of house instead of their own.

" Don't worry We will do whatever it takes so you don't have to go back to him* She said ruffling his hair before knocking on the Professors door, completely forgetting about her now shiner of a black eye, so preoccupied with the situation as it was..
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:00 am

"Makes Darcy an even bigger git..." Dennis muttered, following Chelsea's lead. He listened as Chelsea explained her run-in with their uncle, and how a professor stepped in. Although he hadn't been there long, it seemed weird that they weren't going to their own Head of House.

-----------------

Apparently it wasn't a good idea to stash an open baggie of Yogurt Drops for nifflers in the very bottom drawer of one's office desk. Whatever had decided to call the container home looked nothing like the nuggets of treat, and Kaleb wasn't about to see if it was just mold or some new creature that decided his desk would make an ideal nest. The werewolf gently laid the thing in his garbage can so as not to disturb whatever it was he'd found. Maybe the house-elves would like a pet Yogurt-Drop Monster...

The knock at the door broke Kaleb from his thoughts. Without thinking or really meaning to he glanced at the clock. "Still here, c'mon in," he called, standing to greet them as the door swung itself open.

Kaleb stared at the black eye on Chelsea's face. Obviously it was impolite to stare, but he couldn't help it. "Alright there, Quincey?" Then he noticed the boy at her side. The kid wasn't one of his students, but he was certain the boy had the same last name. "Well... Quinceys. But I meant the, ah... 'new moon' of an eyesocket you got there, Chelsea..."
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:01 am

Chelsea gasped when the professor asked about her eye and covered it up, " I ah.. I forgot about it.. It.. ah was a accident, walked in on some crossfire" She said sheepishly not wanting Dennis to get in trouble, even though it really was a accident.

" Really we come here for another matter Sir, it is rather important" She said glancing to her brother and back at her professor, looking rather serious, or at least as serious as she could with her Black eye. " This is my brother Dennis, we are sorry for disturbing you so late, but... well if you remember you saw me and my uncle a few weeks ago? Well We might need your help.. Things might be more serious then I originally led you to believe... " She said trailing down before she blurted every out right there.

Chelsea sighed looking at Dennis and then back out to Professor Allaway " We.. ah.. We are in trouble... it is a long story but if you have a few moments i will try to explain,. I am not sure if anyone else will believe us." She said quietly biting her lip, looking a bit nervous.

She couldn't believe it they were actually going to tell someone, she just hoped she was doing the right thing.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:39 am

Dennis bit his lip when the professor asked about Chelsea's eye. He decided it was probably best if he stayed quiet and let Chelsea explain things. It wasn't because Kaleb was mean - if anything he seemed to be far more laid-back than what Dennis figured a teacher should be. Instead, Dennis stayed quiet because Chelsea had a bulk of the "evidence" and could present it better. Not to mention she was already on good terms with the professor...

"Alright. But make sure you get it looked at soon, yeah?" Kaleb said, setting Chelsea with one of those rare looks that told you he wouldn't take no for an answer. His expression only became more uncharacteristically serious as Chelsea explained. Kaleb peered out to the edges of the corridor to make sure the place wasn't home to unwanted eavesdroppers. "Come in..." he murmured softly, stepping aside to the let the two in. Once both were inside he locked the office door and cast an imperturbable charm to keep eavesdroppers out.

Kaleb gestured for them to take a seat on the poofy brown-and-teal couch, then climbed onto his desk to sit cross-legged opposite them. "Don't worry about the time. Do either one of you want tea while you guys tell me what's goin' on?"
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:04 pm

Chelsea nodded, she had planned on stopping by the hospital wing after this to get it taken care of. "Yes.. going to the hospital wing to get it healed after this.." She said sitting on the couch trying to look comfortable. The closer it came for her to tell Professor Allaway what was going on the more nervous she felt. Once she told him there was no going back, it would no longer be their dark secret.. There had been something freeing of no one even coming close to know what went on at there home.

Chelsea nodded again at the offer of tea, " Yes please.. perhaps it will help with the nerves.. It has been a... well a difficult day" She said with a slightly sheepish look , what a sorry sight they must have made.

"Now that we finally want to tell someone I am not sure where to start" she said with a sigh sending a glance to Dennis and the Professor as they waited for tea. "Our Uncle is a evil Doctor.. sound kinda corny, but... It is true" she said thinking that might break the ice.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:58 pm

Kaleb nodded, and cast a spell for the tea set near the window to start preparing tea for his guests. "I'm sorry to hear it's been a difficult day," he said, noticing Dennis's line of sight took a nosedive to the floor. Curiosity bubbled, as well as concern. Kaleb wondered and yet sadly understood why these two might have waited until now to speak up. He couldn't help but fear the worst...

A tray, a shabby-looking teapot with a handle that didn't match the initial design, two cups, sugar and cream dishes, and a pair of spoons floated over to the coffee table between them. The tea poured itself into the cups, which then hovered before each of them to prepare as they saw fit.

Kaleb listened patiently. He saw a piece of himself in Chelsea - scared, virtually alone, and tired of the mistreatment suffered at the hands of his mother. His eyebrows twitched at what would have been a comical stereotype for their uncle. Kaleb sighed; he was a teacher, not a lawyer. But now that he heard that, there was no way he was walking away from this. "Okay... from what I saw at the pub, I'll believe it. Can you tell me what he does that's evil?" he asked.

"Our parents were nice... now they're mean to us," Dennis murmured, trying to help.

"Does he hurt them? ... You? Anything you two can tell me, even the smallest detail, will help..." Kaleb explained.
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:43 pm

Chelsea bit her lip looking her cup of tea but not daring to take drink of it yet for her hands were shaking. There was a term for what her uncle did to her family, she had looked it up in the library, 'Mindrape' however she thought it might be too heavy a word with her younger brother in the Room. So she met Professor Allaway eyes and gave him the definition as best she could.

"He is a doctor of the mind sir, in his office he uses his profected brand of magic to help people with neurological and mental problems. But when he is at home... he forces himself into our minds.. he reads our thoughts, changes memories and feelings. He did this to our parents fully last year, made them cruel and... and unstable. They are now locked up in a mental facility and our uncle has custody of us.... " she paused for a moment her heart racing, as she took sip of tea since her mouth had gone dry. She no longer cared about her shaky hands.

"We can't go back to him Sir...I can't protect us anymore.." she whispered quickly swiping a tear off her cheek.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 7:38 pm

Kaleb waited for Chelsea to speak with quiet concern. Her shaking hands worried him, as did Dennis's silence once his little piece had been said. Blue eyes snapped to attention when Chelsea spoke. Kaleb took in every word whether he liked what he heard or not. What their uncle was doing was terrible - and certainly plausible. The imperius curse and legilimency existed, so why not this too? Of course it was a medical practice twisted into misuse... that was how a lot of weapons, both magic and muggle, seemed to come into being. Kaleb gave a sympathetic shake of his head. "Merlin..." It was all he could think of to say, and even that was an inadequate expression of the dire situation these two were in. "That's terrible."

He sighed. "Alright... I'll see what I can do. There has to be something. Have either of you been able to keep records of this? Or do you have memories you don't mind sharing with me, or an auror, for evidence?" Kaleb cringed at hearing himself say such things.

Dennis shook his head, not having thought of that before. Chelsea may have, but it was impossible for him to keep such a record. Darcy would surely find it and destroy it in a heartbeat, then work harder to cover his tracks. "Sometimes he makes us forget..."

"Would either of you mind if I tagged along with you to the hospital wing?" Kaleb asked gently. He had another idea. If what he suspected could be found, it would make for a decent backup plan, or a confirmation to sum up the claims being made. 'Damn,' he mused, '...maybe I should've focused more on law.'
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Chelsea swallowed and nodded to his question "I have, it has been easier since coming to hogwarts, I have been able to hide a journal of happenings I remember at home" She said with a sniff. " I ah.. I also have a few memories Darcy wasn't able to rip out of me, I will share them if they could help" she said even though she wasn't looking forward to it, most of the memories were more like torture sessions then anything, that left her with a bloody nose.

"I have been studying Occlumency ever since I got to hogwarts... it didn't always work and sometimes it made the experience worse.. but I think it helped me keep a few memories Darcy doesn't want me to have" she explained.

She glanced at her brother sadly for a moment, feeling guilty that perhaps her defiance caused Darcy to go after Dennis more..  

"You're welcome to come sir, and thank you.. I realize this isn't your area of expertise but.. Ah whatever help you can give is appreciated" She said wiping her face again to make her face as clean as she could make it, with the exception of her black eye.

"Should we go now or..?" she asked not sure if that was a cue for them head there now or not.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 9:18 am

Kaleb nodded. "Good. That'll definitely help make sure it doesn't turn into 'he said she said'... I'm not exactly that great with memory extraction, so I'll leave that to the people who are." Not entirely certain what to do, Kaleb gave Chelsea's shoulder a comforting pat. Dennis's emotional state was too hard to place, but Kaleb placed a hand on the boy's shoulder as well. Dennis hadn't been paying attention and jumped, knocking Kaleb's hand off its latest perch.

The werewolf couldn't help but wonder when and where Chelsea had even heard the word Occlumency. Kaleb himself hadn't heard of it until he was approximately 18, and completely out of teachers to help him master the basics. Kaleb looked directly at Chelsea's Hufflepuff tie. "I'd expect that from a Ravenclaw," he chuckled. "Normally I'd refer you to the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher... but I get the feeling you wouldn't want that. ... I could help you a bit with Occlumency, if you wanted?"

Kaleb grabbed a tissue off the box on his desk and handed it to Chelsea. "Don't worry about it. As for leaving... that's entirely up to you two. I'm not in the habit of kicking people out of my office. Especially those in your current states. I might be a little obnoxious sometimes, but it's all in good fun and I try not to come across as outright rude." He laughed.
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 5:03 pm

Chelsea tilted her head and gave her professor a small smile, appreciative of his effort to help them. She looked down at Dennis when he jumped at the professors touch and ruffles his hair for silent comfort to him. "It's okay.."

She then gave Professor Allaway a slightly indignant look at the Ravenclaw comment, "Hey, Ravenclaws aren't the only smart ones around here, my motivations are just somewhat different..someone what invading your mind all the time would you not seek to learn the type of magic to stop them?" she said though not truly offended since she was teased sometimes by her classmates for her study habits as well.

She grinned at his offer to help her with it and nodded "Yes please, until now I have been trying to teach myself and hope it works... It might be nice to hear from someone else if I am getting it right" she said biting her lip.

She nodded her thanks to the tissue yet looks sheepish to his comment about them leaving "I ah ment if we should go to the hospital wing.. you said you wanted to come with us?" She asked though she was perfectly willing to stay and talk she wasn't sure Dennis was that relaxed.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm

Dennis leaned into Chelsea's touch, both familiar and comfortable with it. He glanced apologetically to both and gave a little nod.

Kaleb gave a tentative chuckle at her response to his remark about Ravenclaws. "I wasn't intending to imply that they were... If I was in your shoes, that's exactly what I'd've done. But, speaking of Ravenclaws, I think Hall's bio included a bit about having been an auror. Not sure if you're comfortable with that, or even if he knows how to duplicate and extract memories, but just throwing it out there, y'know?"

Chelsea's grin was contagious, spreading onto Kaleb's lips almost instantly. "I'll do what I can." He looked over at Dennis. "You might wanna give it a try, too, pal... keep you both safe."

Dennis bit his lip. "I have been trying. Doesn't work very well..."

"Just need time and practice..." Kaleb tried to sound and act reassuring.

The werewolf nodded. "I know. And I do. But if there's more you wanna talk about, then we'll hold off. I don't shuffle people off until they're ready... even if they do have one bloody hell of a black eye." Kaleb gave Chelsea an innocent wink in an attempt to keep the mood light and positive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anger Management Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management   Anger Management Empty

Back to top Go down

Anger Management
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Rowling Universe :: Schools :: Hogwarts :: Below Ground Floor :: Basement :: Hufflepuff Common Room-
Jump to: