The Rowling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rowling Universe

The world created by JK Rowling for the Harry Potter Books.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» We've all been MIA
Shooting Star 3000 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am by Calixta Harper

» Amelia Cassidy (WIP)
Shooting Star 3000 EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:38 pm by Kiara

» Character Notes
Shooting Star 3000 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:13 am by Kiara

» Archives- Sept 18 2013
Shooting Star 3000 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm by Kiara

» Comfortable as Nails
Shooting Star 3000 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 am by Gabriel Hall

» Isdolani: Conlang for RP
Shooting Star 3000 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Maalik Szadn Darksteel
Shooting Star 3000 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:05 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Anger Management
Shooting Star 3000 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Pending Future Characters
Shooting Star 3000 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am by Kiara

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
RolePlayGateway Where there is a wand Hogwarts Next Generation
Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is Richard Menard

Our users have posted a total of 3576 messages in 527 subjects
Top posters
Calixta Harper
Shooting Star 3000 Vote_lcapShooting Star 3000 Voting_barShooting Star 3000 Vote_rcap 
Kiara
Shooting Star 3000 Vote_lcapShooting Star 3000 Voting_barShooting Star 3000 Vote_rcap 
Gabriel Hall
Columba Mars
Alexander Nighthook
Kissofdeath
Julian Kaiser
Ariadne Grey
Bastian Kaiser
Vinzent Zolnerowich
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search Widget

Shooting Star 3000

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Calixta Harper
Blood Rank: Half-Blood
Career: Curse-breaker (Gringott's)

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:07 pm

It only made sense that along with her new status as the captain of the Ravenclaw quidditch team, Melania Harper would be given a new broom. There was nothing particularly wrong with the Firebolt Avenger she'd been given for her birthday last year, but as this was her last year on the team, her performance was particularly important. After all, if she ended the season well, she might find herself with a job offer for one of England's quidditch clubs. Personally her heart was all for the Tornados, but if the Harpies or the Cannons came calling, she wouldn't say no, either.

Thus she found herself standing outside of Quality Quidditch Supplies, staring at the brand new broom out by the Comet Quidditch Company, the Shooting Star 3000. Sporting a shiny chrome crossbar and a sleek black finish, the broom went from 0 to 200km in just under ten seconds, with a favourable wind. In other words, Melania just stood there, mouth watering, with the crowd of teenage boys also gazing in admiration for broom. As it turned out, that was a mistake, because after a moment, they took notice of the pretty blonde ogling the broomstick, and decided to start pestering her.

"That there, 'at's not for housework, love," said one of the boys, the tallest of the group and apparently the leader. "Robe shop's down the way a bit, I think ye lost yer way," he told her with a smirk, laughing along with his band of miscreants friends.

"Neither is my Firebold Avenger, but I'm trading up all the same," was Melania's haughtily retort, flipping her long hair back. "My parents bought it for me as a present for making quidditch captain, thank you very much!" The boys whistled in disbelief.

"Likely story!" the boy responded, clearly believing Melania to be a liar. "The Firebolt's over 100 galleons, and it just came out not a year ago, and ye expect me to believe yer gettin' another one? This broom here's nearly 200 galleons!"

"So?" Melania retorted, raising an eyebrow and going toe to toe with the boy. "Are you calling me a liar?"

"I'm sayin' prove it, if that's what ye mean," he replied, shrugging at her. "Go inside and get it, then, if they already bought it."

"I will!" she told him, twirling on her heel and marching determinedly into the shop. She was back within five minutes, carrying the long, thin packaging bearing the telltale insignia of the Shooting Star on the outside.

"Bloody hell, she warn't lyin' neither!" one of the boys was heard to have said, as the rest made a riot of noise in response.

"Care for a race?" she asked the leader of the group, a smirk on her face. He just shrugged at her again in disbelief, and her smirk widened. "Didn't think so." With that, she took the broom under her arm and strutted off, the envious eyes of every boy left in front of the shop burning into her back as she headed for Calixta's flat to show off her new toy.
Back to top Go down
http://nunshallpass.tumble.com
Columba Mars

Columba Mars

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Columba
Career: Year 6, Ravenclaw Chaser, Prefect

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 12:48 pm

Columba, or Cole as she liked to be called was in Madam Malkin's when she thought she saw a familiar face zooming past from the display window. Eager to see anyone from school, Cole quickly exited the shop and ran outside to catch up.

It was Melania Harper. A fellow Ravenclaw and year above her in school. However, they had formed a close friendship due to being in Quidditch together.

"Oi, Lainey!" She called out. Running after her.
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 12:52 pm

Lainey whirled around in surprise at hearing her name called, nearly smacking herself in the face with her broom in the process. Diagon Alley wasn't crowded, so she spotted fellow teammate Cole Mars quickly.

"Oh, hey! Look what I've just picked up!" she said excitedly, holding out the long, thin package. "Brand new Shooting Star. What're you up to?" she asked, setting the package down and leaning on it slightly like a walking stick.
Back to top Go down
Columba Mars

Columba Mars

Wizarding ID Card

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:21 pm

"Oh wow," Columba's joy at seeing her friend quickly ebbed to awe as she saw what Lainey was holding. The new Shooting Star. Columba's eyes widened with admiration and a hint of jealousy as she gazed upon it.

Her own Golden Arrow was still in prime working order and she couldn't possibly afford a new broom, nor could she stomach a purchase if she had. But still, she couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to ride one. "I'm jealous."

"Oh hey!" She suddenly hugged her friend. "Congratulations on making Captain!" Lainey was one of the best fliers Columba had known.
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Lainey beamed, hugging Cole back. "Thanks! It'll be you next year, for sure. Everyone knows you're the best Chaser we've got, and possibly in the whole school....speaking of which, you know my Firebolt isn't even a year old yet. If you wanted, you could have it. Maybe you could let Jason use the Golden Arrow this season, so he doesn't have to keep using the school brooms. That Numbus he's been using is an embarrassment to us all," she said, shaking her head.

"If you're attached to it though, I mean, no big deal, it's a fine broom, but I figured I'd offer it to you first. Gotta make sure someone's gonna take good care of the team after I'm gone!"
Back to top Go down
Columba Mars

Columba Mars

Wizarding ID Card

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:51 pm

Columba's head tilted to the side. "Possibly?" She emphasized the question. But her arrogance was merely a play. She didn't actually think so. In fact, the Gryffindor Keeper always alluded her. But she practiced hard this summer. Without her mother's consent of course. Columba had failed to mention all about Quidditch to her mother. She didn't think she'd appreciate her daughter partaking in Quidditch.

"Thanks," Columba fully appreciated the offer. She knew what the Firebolt meant to Lainey. "But Goldie's been dependable and loyal. I think I'll stick with him while he's still kicking Slytherin butt."

Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 2:01 pm

"Fair enough! Jason could use all the help he can get, anyway...to be honest, it'd be great if we could find another Keeper. I feel bad 'cos I like the kid and all, but after that last match with Gryffindor?...I just can't get over losing over one goal. if he'd held out just two seconds longer, we'd have tied...well, that's in the past now," Lainey sighed, clearly still ruminating on that last game. As a result she'd spent half the summer alternating between moping around and making near-psychotic exercise schedules for herself. Gaining the Captaincy had at least allowed her to channel that manic energy into devising schedules and going over new formations and the like.

"We'll get a good turnout this year though, I know it. Team's never been in such top shape, we're so close to finally winning it all. Anyway, d'ya wanna go grab something to eat, maybe? I was just headed over to my sister's really quick, but we could drop the broom off and then go."
Back to top Go down
Columba Mars

Columba Mars

Wizarding ID Card

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 2:56 pm

"Oh I know," Cole agreed. She too had spend few sleepless nights after that game. In fact, she could still see the play-by-play in her head. How she went for the shot, the Keeper catching it, passing it to one of the Chasers, speeding up to the other side of the field but a moment too late. "But it wasn't his fault really. Gryffindor's Keeper was just on the ball that day. We barely could get anything in."

"Yeah sounds great." Cole replied. "I was just about to get a bite myself."
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 3:18 pm

"Well if we could just get a solid Beater to replace Damien, we'd be all set. I've been divising some strategies to help with just that..." Melania realised she'd nearly passed the entrance to her sister's flat.

"Erm...you could come up if you want, it's three floors up and there's no reason for you to stand outside," she shrugged, opening the door for Cole politely.
Back to top Go down
Columba Mars

Columba Mars

Wizarding ID Card

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 4:27 pm

"Yeah?" Cole said interestedly. She was eager to hear them. A summer of Muggle life was more than enough for her. She was glad to be back.

"As long as your sister doesn't mind." Columba had grown up as an only child, but she understood siblings don't always get along. She didn't really fancy being the reason for an argument.

Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 4:50 pm

"No, not at all," Melania promised, leading the way up the stairs. "She's not too weird or anything...well, a little bit, but she's not so bad," she shrugged, taking the stairs two at a time. Rounding the corner, she sprinted to her sister's door and rapped on it three times.

"Lainey?" came Calixta's voice over the sound of the television.

"Yeah. I brought a friend, hope you don't mind," she called back, fiddling with the broomstick.

"That's fine, come on in!" The door swung open, revealing Calixta relaxing on the couch, watching an old Muggle film on the massive floor-to-ceiling television which dominated the living space.

"I got the broom, wanna see?" Lainey asked excitedly, ripping into the package without waiting for a response from her sister.

"Just throw that out, will you?" Calixta asked, giving the hairy eyeball to the bits of wrapping falling to the floor. "Whoa!" she added, as they all got the first glimpse of the shiny black handle.

"That is gorgeous, Lainey....well done! And who's this?" she asked, inclining her head towards Cole.

"Oh yeah! Cole Mars, she's on the Ravenclaw side with me. Cole, this is my sister, Calixta."

"Hi," Calixta replied simply, with a friendly wave. "You lot gotta win it for us this year! Make us Ravenclaws proud," she said with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Columba Mars

Columba Mars

Wizarding ID Card

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:12 am

Cole followed her friend up the stairs and into her sister's home.

"Oh wow." Cole said staring at the television set. But her attention was grabbed buy the now opened Shooting Star. "Oh wow." She repeated.

She snapped out of her admiring gaze when she heard her name. "Hi." She said with a smile. She glanced at Lainey. "That's what we were planning."
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:58 am

Lainey grinned at Cole's twin reactions, but didn't laugh at her. It was cute, anyway, and Calixta seemed to agree from the smile also on her face.

"Good! That's what I like to hear. You guys have got the right attitude, I'm sure you'll do well." She'd heard a bit about each member of the team from Lainey, and the only thing she seemed to remember about Cole was that the girl was a great flier. It was nice to be able to put a face to the name. She glanced over at Lainey, who was fully aborbed by the new broom, inspecting it thoroughly and giving off the impression of temporary deafness.

"You guys gonna go eat?" Calixta asked, to no response. She asked again, and this time Lainey heard.

"What? Oh, yeah! Yeah, of course," Lainey replied, reluctantly setting the broom on Calixta's kitchen counter. "I'll be back after, ok?"

"Sure." Calixta turned back to the telly, and Lainey walked back to the door. "Bye, Cole! It was nice meeting you."

Back to top Go down
Columba Mars

Columba Mars

Wizarding ID Card

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:10 am

"Bye, it was nice to meet you too!" Cole said giving Calixta a wave and following Lainey out.

"So, where to?" Cole asked looking at her watch. She had to meet up with her father in a few hours. "You're so lucky having an older sister. I've always wanted an older sibling you know?"
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:24 am

"I was thinking maybe The Leaky Cauldron or something? Maybe Fortesque's or Grimelda's?...okay honestly I had no idea and I just figured I'd go wherever was closest once I got hungry," Lainey admitted with a laugh. For the most part she was very opinionated and decided on things, but when it came to something so small and unimportant, she really couldn't be bothered. She headed down the stairs, jumping over the banister and giggling wildly. She stopped once they reached the ground level again, and she opened the door once more onto clean, bright sunshine.

"So what were you thinking? I don't care where, really."
Back to top Go down
Columba Mars

Columba Mars

Wizarding ID Card

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:39 am

Truthfully, Cole didn't know where to go either. She didn't exactly spend a lot of time leisurely in the Wizarding World. She decided to be cheeky.

"I'm merely following you, Captain." Cole said with a grin. "Where you go, I go."
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:10 am

Lainey grinned back in response. "Well then! The Leaky Cauldron, it is!" she declared, linking her arm through Cole's and marching in that direction jokingly.

"It's the closest, anyway, and I'm starved. Had quite a workout today, I've been pushing myself hard....I just want this season to go well, you know? I don't want to be the only graduating captain without any offers at the end of the year. Even if it's the Cannons," she joked, rolling her eyes at the thought.
Back to top Go down
Columba Mars

Columba Mars

Wizarding ID Card

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:21 am

"You without offers? That's impossible." Cole supplied. Lainey was one of the best Seekers at Hogwarts. Everyone knew it.

"And the Cannons wouldn't be that bad. I mean, sure a lot's to be desired but how does this sound 'Rookie Seeker Harper single-handedly brings Cannons from stump to stardom, more on page 6'?" She put her arms up as if she was reading an imaginary newspaper.

"I've my heart set on the Harpies. But unfortunately, I don't have a G-name. Maybe I should change my name. I mean I was never really impartial to it anyway. I was thinking Goddess. Goddess Mars."
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:14 pm

Lainey smiled and laughed at the compliment. It was quite a visual.

"Well, maybe! I don't know, we'll see. The Harpies are at the top...it'd be tough to get in but maybe we both will if we do well this season! Hey, it's possible!" she shrugged, turning the corner, where The Leaky Cauldron was now in sight. Her stomach grumbled loudly, making her laugh.

I'm starving! these workouts make me eat even more than usual, and that's saying something."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shooting Star 3000 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star 3000   Shooting Star 3000 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shooting Star 3000
Page 1 of 1