The Rowling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rowling Universe

The world created by JK Rowling for the Harry Potter Books.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» We've all been MIA
Quincey Curiosity EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am by Calixta Harper

» Amelia Cassidy (WIP)
Quincey Curiosity EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:38 pm by Kiara

» Character Notes
Quincey Curiosity EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:13 am by Kiara

» Archives- Sept 18 2013
Quincey Curiosity EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm by Kiara

» Comfortable as Nails
Quincey Curiosity EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 am by Gabriel Hall

» Isdolani: Conlang for RP
Quincey Curiosity EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Maalik Szadn Darksteel
Quincey Curiosity EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:05 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Anger Management
Quincey Curiosity EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Pending Future Characters
Quincey Curiosity EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am by Kiara

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
RolePlayGateway Where there is a wand Hogwarts Next Generation
Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is Richard Menard

Our users have posted a total of 3576 messages in 527 subjects
Top posters
Calixta Harper
Quincey Curiosity Vote_lcapQuincey Curiosity Voting_barQuincey Curiosity Vote_rcap 
Kiara
Quincey Curiosity Vote_lcapQuincey Curiosity Voting_barQuincey Curiosity Vote_rcap 
Gabriel Hall
Columba Mars
Alexander Nighthook
Kissofdeath
Julian Kaiser
Ariadne Grey
Bastian Kaiser
Vinzent Zolnerowich
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search Widget

Quincey Curiosity

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Gage Hall
Blood Rank: Muggle-born
Career: [H] Potions Professor

Quincey Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Quincey Curiosity   Quincey Curiosity EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:24 pm

Just off from the main corridor that comprises the study area proper of the library, one can find individual classroom-esque areas. These areas are often utilized by studying students, small club gatherings, or even impromptu locations for staff meetings. Sometimes, one might even find these rooms an occasional haunt for one of the spectral denizens found at Hogwarts.

Sitting at one of the table-desks in the study area was one Thomas Quincey. Or at least that was the form the apparition took, for the ghost would typically go through the chair rather than sit in it. Before the ghost was an open tome just like any that the students would use: a solid, physical item. It would be impractical for this particular book to be printed with ethereal materials much like ghostly correspondence was written on. Thomas had long since mastered how to manipulate items in the realm of the living, but it took a great amount of concentration.

Ever since his premature death, Thomas strove to keep up with advances made to the realm of medicine. Ergo it should not be a surprise that the book he was studying was the latest of its kind from the publisher on that very topic. A few students that managed to befriend him and were also interested in the art of healing often sought him out for advice on research projects or other such things. Thomas found the occasional student studying the history of medicine and interested in the practices he conducted way back in the 1700s to be quite a joy to work with.

A young Ravenclaw-Hufflepuff duo poked their heads into the room. The Hufflepuff grinned. "Hey, Tom."

"Greetings," replied the ghost. He hardly moved, so focused was the ghost on his reading.

"Could you help us for a minute? We're looking for a particular potions book that Professor Hall asked us to look at..."

"Next to last bookcase on the inner-right, fifth shelf down from the top and twelve books across. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he placed a charm upon it to shelf there purposely..." Thomas answered, this time actually bothering to look up from his book at the students in question. "The page number is 493."

"Thanks, Tom!" the Hufflepuff cheered and, after taking the Ravenclaw friend by the hand, promptly rushed to the correct bookcase.

Thomas gave a silent wave of his hand and returned to his reading.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Nighthook

Alexander Nighthook

Quincey Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quincey Curiosity   Quincey Curiosity EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:29 pm

Chelsea looked curiously through the study rooms she had finally got notice the latest published book on modern Magical healing had finally reached the hogwarts Library. She worked part time at a Healing office and her boss recoomened the book, however the book was fairly pricey and she didn't have quite enough, even with her job pay. So the though of getting a hold of it for free was wonderful indeed.

However her current problem was that she looked through all the books on the shelf in the healing section and couldn't find it. It hadn't been taken out according to the sign out book so she assumed someone was reading it currently in the Library. So she could ask if she could have it when they were done.. She was also hoping it would help her with her final for potions... As that particular book had the latest in dragon pox treatment, something she hoped would make a decent final, and among other things of course.

She looked at her watch and sighed even of she found and got the book now she would only have a hour to read... so much for the whole morning to study.. and she had potions class next.

"Merlin is like it stroted legs and walked out" she muttered then snickered to herself at the mental image, as she peaked into another study room. To see a ghost she had heard much about, Tom she heard his name be from afew other Hufflepuffs, She had been meaning to seek him out herself one day, because of simple curiousity.

She heard him tip off the younger studennts to a book section and she smiled, finding his presice answer almost comical.. and made her wonder if he could help her as well.

So she stepped into the study quietly not withing to distract him to much he loose his place.

"Erm.. Excuse me Sir, I am terribly sorry to disturbe you as well, but I was wondering if you could help me? I seem to be missing a book" She said she said sheepishly... yet she looked at him hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

Quincey Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quincey Curiosity   Quincey Curiosity EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:47 am

Thomas tilted his incorporeal head toward the sound of renewed footsteps, determined to finish the paragraph he was on before this next visitor decided to speak. "Well, you've certainly come to the right place, then," the ghost replied, a slight smirk upon his translucent face. His disembodied voice was somewhat distracted.

Finishing the paragraph, Tom turned the page and gazed up at the girl. There was something vaguely familiar about her, but the ghost was fairly certain he hadn't laid eyes on her before. "Regale me, if you will, about this missing book of yours. I'm no librarian, but it would taste a lie if I said I didn't know the place inside and out."
Back to top Go down
Alexander Nighthook

Alexander Nighthook

Quincey Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quincey Curiosity   Quincey Curiosity EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Chelsea beamed at the accepted help, " I work at a medical clinic and was asked to read and see what I can understand from The book of Modern Magical Healing 15th Edition, I heard it finally arrived in the Library.... But dispite looking through the entire Healing section all morning, can't find it" she said with a sheepish look on her face.

"My name is Chelsea by the way, Prefect of Hufflepuff house" she said holding her hand up as if to shake but then remebering who she was talking to moved it to Salute him instead. Something her father used to do.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

Quincey Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quincey Curiosity   Quincey Curiosity EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:54 pm

Thomas listened with interest. A fellow healer-in-the-making? And she was already working part-time at a medical clinic? 'Smart girl,' he thought. However, there was one slight problem... Tom turned from the young Hufflepuff a moment and scoured his book for its title in the margins:

The Book of Modern Magical Healing, 15th Edition

Oops.

The ghost's attention immediately snapped back to the teen when she spoke again. Although he was a congenial sort of the disembodied kind, Thomas nearly scoffed at the well-intentioned gesture of a handshake. When she turned it into a rather familiar salute Tom eyed Chelsea closely for a moment. "Well, it is a pleasure to meet you, Chelsea of Hufflepuff. I too used to hail from that House," he replied, trying to mimic the salute as best as possible.

"As to the conundrum of your missing book... I too was a Healer, in life, and I couldn't resist keeping up with current magical events. The book you seek is right here," the ghost explained, gesturing to the book at his side. As he did so, an ethereal bookmark materialized at the page it was opened to. "You may take it. I have all the time in the world to review its contents. I do ask that you leave the bookmark, however."
Back to top Go down
Alexander Nighthook

Alexander Nighthook

Quincey Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quincey Curiosity   Quincey Curiosity EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:02 pm

Chelsea eyes widened with interest as he told her of his past house and former occputation, "Really thats awesome!" she said looking excided as he handed her the book. She nodded enthusastically about the bookmark "Of course Tom, thank you" she said beaming.

Then she looked at her watch, she didn't really have very long to read it before her next class. So she figured she could read a good chunk of it after dinner that night. In the mean time she found her self becoming curious about Tom. She had not known of his house of origin or that he had been a healer. In fact it was rather a mystery to everyone where the ghost came from or why? As he was not one of the house ghosts, yet it seemed he was a resident of the school pracically "lived" in the lidrary and studies. Plus there seemed to be something firendly about him now that she thought about it. She couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"I have a class in a hour or so, not very much time to really get anything out of it. So perhaps I can stay here and talk with you? You Said you used to be a healer, my father is one you know? And was his father and so on I think" she said laughing slightly.

"Sorry I suppose I am rambling" she said sheepishly as she sat down and flipped through the book, Looking through her favorite Medical topic of infection and Viruses, despite her uncles Mind specailty and the fact she sort of inhareted his talent.. She really had no interest in it.

"Did you specialize in anything when you were a healer?" she asked since her mind was on the topic. "Or a Jack of all trade?" she asked with amusment?
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

Quincey Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quincey Curiosity   Quincey Curiosity EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:07 am

Thomas smiled a little at the exclamation from Chelsea. As she took the book, promised to leave his bookmark, and checked her watch, the ghost expected her to rush off just like all the rest. He wouldn't have blamed her: that was just the way of the living. As a ghost there was little need for him to be anywhere at a distinct time. In fact, time as Chelsea and her fellows knew it didn't exist for Tom. Interestingly, instead of dashing out of the study room, Chelsea remained.

"If that is what you wish. I have no reason to deny you," Thomas replied, the surprise plain on his face. He was only mildly surprised to hear her speak of her family. It made him wonder if she was indeed the child of David Quincey. If she is indeed David's daughter... that would make things even more interesting for certain.

"You have nothing to apologize for. As you've seen, I am known for taking interest in the living," Thomas nodded to the book as he replied, serious yet keeping a light tone. "My children became healers when they grew up. As did their children, and their children thereafter. It was a bittersweet joy, watching over them during the first half-century after my death." As he spoke, Chelsea flipped through the book. Tom couldn't help but be curious at the contents. He leaned closer and caught snippets of pages, reading backwards.

Tiring of reading backwards, Thomas dissipated momentarily and reappeared beside Chelsea. His spectral form half-knelt on the seat and half-stood. The ghostly wizard took vague notion that she decided to peruse the infection and virus section of the tome. It would be a topic he'd come back to later unless it came up.

"An excellent question... would a fair bit of both make sense to you?" he asked, easing his incorporeal form into the seat properly. "I kept my studies general, at first. I had an interest in helping others where there was little to no help to be had. Several places I traveled to needed a healer, and I tried to stay until a like-minded, fellow member of my academy arrived to pick up where I left off. I eventually settled down in Australia, in a colony that was in need of medical services.

"After I established myself as the local healer and apothecary, I began to specialize. Much like you, I took an interest in diseases, treating infection, and the like. That and surgery were the most-needed skills in the colony, but mostly I was treating the former."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quincey Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quincey Curiosity   Quincey Curiosity Empty

Back to top Go down

Quincey Curiosity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Rowling Universe :: Schools :: Hogwarts :: Third Floor :: Library :: Study area-
Jump to: