The Rowling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rowling Universe

The world created by JK Rowling for the Harry Potter Books.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» We've all been MIA
On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am by Calixta Harper

» Amelia Cassidy (WIP)
On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:38 pm by Kiara

» Character Notes
On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:13 am by Kiara

» Archives- Sept 18 2013
On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm by Kiara

» Comfortable as Nails
On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 am by Gabriel Hall

» Isdolani: Conlang for RP
On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Maalik Szadn Darksteel
On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:05 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Anger Management
On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Pending Future Characters
On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am by Kiara

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
RolePlayGateway Where there is a wand Hogwarts Next Generation
Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is Richard Menard

Our users have posted a total of 3576 messages in 527 subjects
Top posters
Calixta Harper
On the Same Page ~ MoM France Vote_lcapOn the Same Page ~ MoM France Voting_barOn the Same Page ~ MoM France Vote_rcap 
Kiara
On the Same Page ~ MoM France Vote_lcapOn the Same Page ~ MoM France Voting_barOn the Same Page ~ MoM France Vote_rcap 
Gabriel Hall
Columba Mars
Alexander Nighthook
Kissofdeath
Julian Kaiser
Ariadne Grey
Bastian Kaiser
Vinzent Zolnerowich
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search Widget

On the Same Page ~ MoM France

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Liara Lightle
Blood Rank: Half-Blood
Career: Minister of Magic

On the Same Page ~ MoM France Empty
PostSubject: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:17 am

Liara Lightle walked up to the French Minister of Magic's office, they had planned this meeting to ensure there nations were on the same page in terms of the War all say will happen in the time to come.

England was close to civil war if anything, just one aggressive move was all it would take, The only reason no blood had yet to be spilled was because of the stale mate in the courts.

Liara was curious what the situation was like in France.. which was why she asked this meeting take place. Plus she thought it might be benifical to both of them to possibly make internation ally perhaps..

She approched his office and knocked on the door twice, asking permission to enter, this was his turff after all.
Back to top Go down
https://therowlinguniverse.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:26 am

Gio signed the last paper and frowned. When he was elected Minister, he was glad because it meant that he could finally make a change, and turn at least some people's views regarding certain subjects - like muggleborns, werewolves, elves, and such - but sometimes, he just wished he remained an Auror and was out on missions fighting villains and helping make the Wizarding World a safer place.

A knock on the door sounded and he heard a female voice ask permission to enter. He sighed and waved his wand to fix the mess that covered his table. He cleared his throat and stood up to walk over to the door.

Opening it with a kind smile he said, "Come in, come in." He paused as he remembered that his guest was English. "Welcome to my humble office, Minister Lightle." He closed the door and walked over to his desk. Motioning to one of the chairs, he said, "Have a seat" as he took a seat on his own comfortable armchair.
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:44 am

Liara smiled to Giordano and nodded her head as she entered his office "Thank you Minister Prideux, Pleasure to meet you at long last" she said in her mothers first tongue. She new her fair share of the language having attended the resident school when she was teen.

'How are you?" she asked after taking a seat deciding to start off on a firendly note rather then right to buisness as per her usual. Plus there was alot of information she could gather based on his answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:18 am

Gio was pleasantly surprised to find that she spoke his language. She sounded pretty fluent - for a foreigner, which meant that she had spoken the language for a certain amount of time.

He smiled, "I'm doing quite well, thank you. And what about you? I hear you're new to being Minister..." He paused and weighed his words before speaking them aloud, "May I have the pleasure of knowing if you've any French blood in you, Minister Lightle? You seem too fluent - you even have that small accent."

Gio motioned to the bowl filled with Sugar Quills, "Care for some Sugar Quills, Minister?"
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:03 am

Liara smiled and nodded 'That is good to hear Minister, with all the havoc going on I am glad good spirits are still maintained" she said choosing her words carefully. 'I am well as well, thank you. And your right I haven't finished my first term yet, getting there though, I expect things will be even more choatic for relection." She said making it known she was intending to stick around.

She smiled and nodded "Yes much of it in fact, mothers family, The Rosier's live here, and my fathers mother was once a Professor at Beauxbaton's, French was her second language. I also went to Beauxbatons for first to fourth year of schooling before transfering to Hogwarts" she explained happy to reveal that part of her family.

She chuckled at his offer of the sugar quills "Trying to sweeten me up Minister?" she asked in a teasing tone.

"Someone told you i had a sweet tooth?" she said deciding to have one, them being one of her favorite wizarding candy.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:10 am

"A Beauxbatons student?" He said, curious. "Ah... I think I remember. You were a first year when I was already in my seventh. My wife was assigned to give the First Years the tour, back then. And she spoke highly of a Liara." He paused, smiling softly at the thought of his beautiful wife. "Something about being an intelligent girl...?" He trailed off with smirk.

Giordano laughed his booming laugh at his guest's teasing tone. "Sweeten you up?" He repeated in his own tongue. "Oh not at all. I always have a bowl of sweets here for when my daughter comes over. And I happen to be fond of them myself."

"Jokes aside, how is England doing?" He asked somberly. "I heard that there has been quite an uproar there. Something that regards..." He paused, clearing his mind to try and remember his secretary's words. "Muggleborns?"
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Liara gave a sheepish look on her face, perhaps the French Minister did look somewhat familiar... having seen him in school before he graduated. And his wife was the girl who showed them around?

"My what a small world we live in hm?" she commented with a smile.

"They are pretty good, much better then licorice wands" she said with a smile.

Though she was finding her self slightly envious that the older minister had a family, wife and at least one child. Deep down she wanted a family.. but with england in the delicated state it was in she didn't feel it was the safest course of action of the child or for England.

She nodded in a more grave manner, plesantries over with.. now the more serious matters..

"I am afriad england is in a delicate state right now, because of the increase birth rate of muggleborn witches and wizards more and more muggle are aware of our world. Many of the "pureblood" Governors in the wizengamot say that needs to stop. The problem is how, many muggle borns claim it is a injustice and are outraged with some of the solutions presented to the courts. Ranging from limiting there schooling, to denying them entrance into wizarding world at all. Then some are suggesting we let the muggle find out, and find a way to co-exist. This of course is exactly what the purbloods fear. To make things even more difficult I have met with the muggle English Prime Minister, and believe the fears are well founded, if the general public of muggle found out about our world fear may be there reaction... and it would lead to war..." Liara explained taking a breath.

"That is the situation I am in, I cannot take a course of action with out condoning civil war" she said.. and civil war was the last thing she wanted to happen.. her worst political nightmare infact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyWed May 18, 2011 12:17 am

Gio nodded somberly, glad - not for the first time - that France was more peaceful than England.

"Yes," said Gio with a small nod of his head. "A civil war is never a good thing... But having a lot of muggleborns is." He cleared his throat. "My wife is muggleborn, and she's one of the most powerful and smartest witch I know. Most of the people we know are either muggleborn or halfbloods - but there are no worries that they would expose us. The Statue of Secrecy is there for a reason, you know." He then smiled calmly at the woman. "But do know, that the French Ministry will be there for England the moment they need it."
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyWed May 18, 2011 12:58 am

Liara nodded "I have nothing against Muggles or Muggle borns my self, a very dear firend of mine is muggle born and really it is unfair the pressure that the wizengmot is placing on them.. Really it is more the general public of muggle everyone is nervous over... They are not subject to the Statue of Secrecy. We cannot control the lives of the thousands of people out there who know becuase the children are born magical."

Liara sighed feeling another headache coming on, "I don't even think it is about blood anymore... like it was years ago. There arn't even any real Purebloods left.. only half bloods who don't want to admit it... It is about peoples fear of change, and chance is what is coming no matter what I or anyone else do.. something will happen.." she said feeling like this was the big breath before the storm.

She looked the minister in the eye and fiddled with a gold ring on the finger.. though not on her ring finger.

"I almost married my fiance, a muggleborn brilliant man.. only to be forced to leave him at the alter because marrying him was being viewed as a political stance... as stupid as that sounds" She muttered in french. It was one thing she would alway regret doing becuase of her job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:44 am

Gio nodded sympathetically at his fellow Minister's words. If he hadn't been with his wife for as long as he has, people would probably think the same of him.

"It is not stupid at all." He countered calmly. "I believe that if I married my wife just moments before my election, it would be viewed the same way." He paused and smiled softly. "For what it's worth though, I believe that you truly did love this man. Only someone in love would keep the ring given to her by a man she left, after all." He laughed lightly before curiously turning to the woman. "Have you contacted other Ministers about England?"
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyWed May 18, 2011 2:53 am

A small smile entered her face, and she glanced at her ring, she still did love him.. they weren't married.. but perhaps that didn't have to stop anything.

"You are a lucky man Minister" she said quietly.

She shock her head, "No, not yet, the Russian minister has yet to reply to my owl yet, we will see though. I am not entirely sure of the situation there either" she supplied Russia had a dark past with the dark arts and was rather withdrawn when it came to international communication.

"I assume things are more peaceful here I take it Minister?" she asked from what she gathered things were not as tense here.

Last edited by Liara Lightle on Wed May 18, 2011 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyWed May 18, 2011 3:55 am

Gio nodded. Russia was a rather shady country. It's Dark Past and the fact that Durmstrang teaches the Dark Arts made everyone rather suspicious and on edge when it came to the country.

"Yes," he replied proudly. "Things here are rather calm and peaceful compared to England - something I like to keep. Though there are the occasional disturbances, especially regarding those who wish to run against me next term." He paused. "Other than that, not much has been going on."
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:58 pm

Liara smiled and nodded, glad he was having a better time of it then her, "Want to switch places for a bit?" she asked jokingly.

Then she looked thoughtful, "Things in england, may be tense. but for the moment it is being handled" She said conculding her report on the country she lead.

"Oh I also wanted to invite you and your family if you wish to a gathering of sorts, will be in Berlin Germany in a month or so. It is only one of those international cooperation parties, so it is safe enough" she said going on to her other things she wanted to discuse, those far less important then the state of England, these parties were fun to plan. For her anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Gio considered it for a moment. He knew his family - his kids, especially - were getting tired of the social gatherings. But they also understood the importance of keeping up an image and a reputation. He looked at Minister Lightle and his thoughts drifted to his wife. Would she be all right with this? Being the Headmistress of Beauxbatons, his wife had a lot to do still, before school starts. Deciding that his family would support him, he nodded at Minister Lightle.

"We'll be there." He replied. "And where in Berlin would this be?"
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyFri May 20, 2011 1:51 am

Liara smiled looking forward to meeting Giordano's family. "I look forward to meeting them Minister"

"It will be in West Berlin in the International Federation Hotel, being rented out by wizard around then, anyone else you want to invite you are well come to" sh said.

She herself would likely be taking Berlynn her bodyguard who loved parties, and even ask Gage if he would like to come...

"What does your wife do If you don't mind me asking Minister?" she asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:23 pm

Gio decided that he wouldn't invite anyone else other than his family. That would be looked at as favoritism and will be frowned upon by many. Contrary to most's belief, Gio did care about his reputation and image. It was politics, after all.

"Ah," sighed Gio with a small smile. "My beautiful wife is the Headmistress of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic." He stated proudly. "She is a rather busy woman herself," added Gio. "What with the new school year, taking care of our children, and all that." He then smiled softly at Liara. "And what about you, Minister? What does your ex-fiancé do, if I may be so bold to ask?"
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptySun May 22, 2011 3:26 am

Liara blinked, impressed his wife was also the head of one of the prodominated wizarding schools on that side of the world.

"Very nice minister, I look forward to meeting her even more now" she said with a smile.

She thought for a moment on Gages many jobs with a smile.. "Oh he has done many things, when I first met him he was a rather unhappy Auror, then when he became head of the Poison Control squad, he became of the best the ministry has ever seen.. that was when our relationship started. Then however after suffering a injury he as forced to resign from the auror department. After various jobs, he was hired again as head of poison control at St. Mungo's, he also went back to school to get his masters in Potions.. Now he is Teaching potions at Hogwarts School, and throughly enjoying it I might add" she said with a fond chuckle.

"You may not see him at the party though.. as far as the press know we aren't together anymore and I need to keep it that way. Plus he may not want to come, ironicly he hates politic's Go figure on that eh?" she said with amused laugh.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Gio smiled softly at the fond way that Liara spoke of her ex. He found it such a pity that she had to put a stop to her happy ending just because the others looked at it as a political move. People should really know that not everything is about politics. He laughed when she told him of her ex's distaste for politics.

"Yes, my children are the same, I'm afraid." He replied with a chuckle. "They were born into politics and will probably grow into it, but they surely don't like it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the Same Page ~ MoM France   On the Same Page ~ MoM France Empty

Back to top Go down

On the Same Page ~ MoM France
Page 1 of 1