The Rowling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rowling Universe

The world created by JK Rowling for the Harry Potter Books.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» We've all been MIA
Gage Hall's Character Extras EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am by Calixta Harper

» Amelia Cassidy (WIP)
Gage Hall's Character Extras EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:38 pm by Kiara

» Character Notes
Gage Hall's Character Extras EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:13 am by Kiara

» Archives- Sept 18 2013
Gage Hall's Character Extras EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm by Kiara

» Comfortable as Nails
Gage Hall's Character Extras EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 am by Gabriel Hall

» Isdolani: Conlang for RP
Gage Hall's Character Extras EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Maalik Szadn Darksteel
Gage Hall's Character Extras EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:05 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Anger Management
Gage Hall's Character Extras EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Pending Future Characters
Gage Hall's Character Extras EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am by Kiara

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
RolePlayGateway Where there is a wand Hogwarts Next Generation
Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is Richard Menard

Our users have posted a total of 3576 messages in 527 subjects
Top posters
Calixta Harper
Gage Hall's Character Extras Vote_lcapGage Hall's Character Extras Voting_barGage Hall's Character Extras Vote_rcap 
Kiara
Gage Hall's Character Extras Vote_lcapGage Hall's Character Extras Voting_barGage Hall's Character Extras Vote_rcap 
Gabriel Hall
Columba Mars
Alexander Nighthook
Kissofdeath
Julian Kaiser
Ariadne Grey
Bastian Kaiser
Vinzent Zolnerowich
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search Widget

Gage Hall's Character Extras

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Gage Hall
Blood Rank: Muggle-born
Career: [H] Potions Professor

Gage Hall's Character Extras Empty
PostSubject: Gage Hall's Character Extras   Gage Hall's Character Extras EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:02 pm

Gabriel “Gage” Hall
Gage Hall's Character Extras Gregory_house-11138

About the Family
Ancestry: British (maternal and slight paternal), German, Scottish-Irish, Italian, and a trace hint of Native American (paternal)

Family in General: The Hall family is mostly muggle, with some exceptions. Gage is the oldest individual to be declared a wizard in the most recent era of this bloodline. They are friendly, though they do come from the Southeast United States (which means -don’t- mention the Civil War!). The patriarch, Jason Hall, is a highly religious man and has very high standards he expects for his sons, referring to it as the ‘old Southern chivalry/hospitality’. Visitors to the Hall residence are generally received amicably. However, if the family has a “feud” with a given individual or family... expect to look down the business end of a few rifles! Most of the family are either involved with the police force or some other aspect of the good side of criminology.

Important Persons (to Gage; arranged by approximate age):

Jason Hall; father – Despite the rift going on between Gage and Jason, the wizard does very much love his father. At the same time he also fears turning into “his old man” in the event he becomes a father. The relation between the two seems complicated, despite both saying quite frankly what each wants to say. Jason has often accused Gage of being unable to keep his mouth shut. Jason is quite religious, and often sinks his heels into an argument with some sort of religious interpretation as his rock.

Vivian Hall; mother – Gabriel possesses a deep but not inappropriate love for his mother. Jason often uses this to try and manipulate or guilt Gage into seeing things his way. Gabriel still visits the grave when he knows his father will not be present as well. Such days include: her birthday, Gage’s birthday, the Saturday before Easter, Christmas Eve (or the 23rd), and the anniversary of her death (precise date and time according to the death certificate). Those wishing to avoid a cane to the groin or other sensitive area would do well not to insult this woman in front of him.

Theresa Hall/Gordon; sister – Gage and Theresa share a special relationship, being the only two of their generation to possess magic. During the father/son rift, Jason addresses his daughter as ‘Resa’ and Gage, knowing this, abandons this mode of address and calls her ‘Terri’ instead, which was also their mother’s occasional name for her. In future, Gage may semi-jokingly address his sister as ‘Terri-Resa’. Although her powers of Divination are exceptional and have saved his life a time or two, the wizard still finds it in himself to make fun of this branch of magic to dually amuse and tease his sister. Maybe someday he’ll tell her just how grateful he is...

Liara Lightle; lover – Although there was blackmail involved in their beginnings, Gage has come to respect and love Liara Lightle. He would gladly do some very nasty things to others as well as himself if it spared her life. He is deliberately playful around her and endeavors to relieve her from the heavy burdens she carries as Minister. And not just with humor... He will gladly cook for her but he adamantly refuses to do the dishes – no way, no how! This will likely change once he becomes a father... particularly after sticking his hand into one too many places smeared with an unidentifiable but unpleasantly sticky substance. Despite the rough patches in their past, Gage truly does love Liara and manages to forgive her after he’s had time to brood and vent the steam off. When she is sick he stops at nothing: not rain, nor sleet, or snow, hunger, bathroom needs, or demands from his body to sleep can keep him from making sure Liara will be alright. His heart still waits for her at the altar.

Sarah Gordon; niece – Because she is the daughter of his closest sibling, Gage feels a natural pull toward this niece in particular. He is curious to see what sort of magical talents spring forth from this kid, considering he also somewhat knew the girl’s father.

Distinguishing Features (not previously mentioned)
~ Bony knees
~ His injured leg is heavily scarred, and that knee is not the same in appearance as the other
~ Has scars from when he was attacked; fainter ones from his auror days
~ His thumbs are double-jointed; has taught himself to be (mostly) ambidextrous
~ Birthmark that looks as though someone peppered a very small area of Gage’s skin with marker dots (freckles) in the shape of a star (imagination required). This birthmark can be found on the front portion of his left hip, though down far enough to make showing it off nearly indecent.

General Extras
Amortentia: Citrus fruits, fresh parchment, and a minty-vanilla scent he knows all too well
Animagus?: Nope. Had he underwent training, he would likely be a White-headed Capuchin (monkey; click)
Boggart: Being responsible for the pain and/or deaths of various loved ones
Best Memory: Graduating from the Auror’s Academy, and both of his parents being there despite being muggles.
Birthday: August 24
Organizations and Affiliates: Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers (present); Order of the Sangreal (future)
Medical Proxy: (For appearances) Theresa Gordon; (Official) Liara Lightle
Patronus: Swan (Gage jokingly says “It’s a Giraffe-duck! Much more interesting...”)
Phobias (if any): none at this time
Languages (fluency): English (Native); French, German, Italian (fluent in these); Japanese, Mandarin (intermediates); Swahili and Russian (basics/crude).
Wand: Birch and phoenix feather, 12 and three-quarter-inches
Worst Memory: (A) His days as captive when he was attacked; (B) Being left behind at the altar, and apparently one of the last to know the wedding was off.

Likes (+) and Dislikes (-)
+ Being unpredictable
+ Challenges
+ Collecting items of interest (see profile regarding kleptomania xD)
+ Cooking (it’s related to potions)
+ Creativity
+ Fairness
+ Helping people
+ Honesty (even if it’s brutal)
+ Intelligence
+ Laughing
+ Learning what makes people tick
+ Listening to music
+ Movies
+ Not caring what other people think of him
+ Playing the piano
+ Potions and potion theory
+ Problem solving
+ Pranks and teasing
+ Puzzles
+ Reading
+ Showing off
+ Silliness
+ Strawberry-rhubarb pie
+ Sushi
+ Thrills
+ Trying new things
+ Video games (Rockband!)

-----------------------------------

- Back-stabbing
- Being left out
- Being told no or that he can’t do something
- Being told to act his age Razz
- Bigots
- Herbology
- History of Magic
- Censorship (e.g., being cautious with words)
- Disrespect
- Helplessness
- Idleness (which differs from relaxing, he might add)
- Insincerity
- Limits
- Malignant rumors
- Morons
- Overly-religious people
- Overwhelming seriousness
- Politics
- Puzzles that are too easy (a.k.a. by Gage as “Sissy Puzzles”)
- Reporters
- Unoriginality

Other Notes
~ Magical Role Models: Merlin (obviously), Gunhilda of Gorsemore (discovered cure for Dragon Pox), Mungo Bonham (founder of St. Mungo’s), Hesper Starkey (discovered moon’s part in potion-making), Derwent Shimpling (wizard comedian), Bertie Bott (no explanation needed xD), Djoser (Ancient Egyptian wizard; invented the pyramid), and The Weird Sisters (band).

~ Muggle Role Models: George Carlin (comedian), Jason Hall (father), Abraham Lincoln, “Weird” Al Yankovic

~ Favorite “Holiday”s: April Fool’s Day, Halloween, Christmas

~ Does not share the same Civil War sensitivities as his father
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Gage Hall
Blood Rank: Muggle-born
Career: [H] Potions Professor

Gage Hall's Character Extras Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gage Hall's Character Extras   Gage Hall's Character Extras EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 4:08 pm

001. Real Name › Gabriel Michael Hall... despite what my father says
002. Nickname[s]› Gage... formerly called Joe until I changed my name...
003. Blood: I plead the Fifth... coughmuggleborncough
004. Male Or Female › Male... You mean to tell me you can’t tell?!
005. Magical School › Hogwarts
006. House › Ravenclaw: Think smart, not hard
007. Hair Color › Either chocolate or caramel. Or both. Both is good.
008. Long or Short › Short
009. Loud or Quiet › I’ve been known to be both, but never at the same time.
010. Sweats or Jeans › Jeans if I’m going somewhere, and sweats if I stay home.
011. Phone or Camera › Camera, hands down. Unless you’re going to offer me a camera-phone?
012. Health Freak › Well... Not excessively, no matter what Liara says. Razz Honestly, I don’t know what I’m going to do with her. In contrast I do have a tendency to get the munchies, and therefore keep secret stashes... *hides a bag of Doritos*
013. Drink Or Smoke? › Drink
014. Do You Have A Crush On Someone? › I’d say it’s a bit more than a crush...
015. Eat Or Drink? › Most people generally do both. I eat when hungry and drink when thirsty. Well, I drink for other reasons too but now we’re getting personal.
016. Piercings? › Nope.
017. Tattoos? › No.

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN…?
018. An Airplane › Yes. I am muggle-born after all... Planes are boring as hell to be honest. *yawn*
019. A Car Accident › Yes. Dad was drunk and -teaching- me how to drive! I got a DWID: Driving With Intoxicated Dad...
020. A Fist Fight › Oh yeah... plenty. Nowadays though I just use my cane. Twisted Evil
021. Wizard’s Duel > Yep. Quite a few, actually.

FIRSTS:
022. First Piercing › Nope.
023. First Best Friend › Lee Robertson from Lexington Elementary School. Those were some good times! Especially the frog incident!
025. First Award › Depends on what you call an award...
026. First Crush › Am I off the record? I don’t trust you media types...
028. First Big Vacation › Britain, at age 3, on a trip to see my mum’s family.
029. Last Person You Talked To › My sister, Terri
030. Last Person You flooed › A colleague from St. Mungo’s for a consult regarding an unofficial case.
031. Last Person You Watched A Quidditch Game With › Terri. Trust me: do NOT make bets with a Seer! They know things!
032. Last Food You Ate › My version of dad’s kick-@$$ chili. I still have some leftover. Wonder if Liara has lunch plans...
033. Last Movie You Watched › A film for class involving potion procedure. Not very interesting for most people.
034. Last Song You listened To › Grow Up by Simple Plan
035. Last Thing You Bought › Candy from Honeydukes
036. Last Person You Hugged › Liara. It’s almost scary when even the professor wants to skip class! xD

FAVES:
037. Food › Strawberry-rhubarb pie
038. Drinks › Pomegranate Juice
039. Clothing › Anything that makes me feel comfy!
040. Book › Erm... *glances at bookcase* Depends on the situation I guess. I have way too many.
041. Music › Whatever’s on the wizarding wireless, so long as it isn’t rap. There’s a special muggle music station on there now that plays classic rock.
042. Flower › I personally like the magnolia or daisy if I’m going to be brewing something...
043. Colors › Blue
044. Quidditch team › Montrose Magpies
045. Shoes › A custom shoe that happens when you cast a spell on your favorite pairs of sneakers and slippers and deliberately say the spell wrong. I call 'em "sneakippers"! Very Happy
046. Subjects › Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Potions, Medi-Magic, Potions...

IN THE PAST YEAR I…
047. [X] Kissed In The Snow – Can we do that again? *smirks*
048. [X] Celebrated Halloween
049. [ ] Had Your Heart Broken - A little further back than a year...
050. [X] Talked on the floo
051. [ ] Someone Questioned Your Sexual Orientation
052. [ ] Came Outta The Closet
053. [ ] Gotten Pregnant
054. [ ] Had An Abortion
055. [ ] Done Something You’ve Regretted
056. [ ] Broke A Promise
057. [ ] Kept A Secret
058. [ ] Pretended To Be Happy
059. [ ] Met Someone Who Changed Your Life
060. [ ] Pretended To Be Sick
061. [X] Left The Country – Went to Germany
062. [ ] Tried Something you normally wouldn’t like, and liked it.
063. [ ] Cried Over The Silliest Thing
064. [ ] Ran A Mile
065. [ ] Went To The Beach
066. [ ] Stayed Single – Hmm. That’s interesting. I’ll have to get back to you on that.

CURRENTLY:
067. Eating › Ramen noodles and chicken with my own rendition of a hot, sweet, and sour sauce.
068. Drinking › Tang Very Happy
069. Getting Ready To › Play Rockband against one of my Muggleborn fifth years that thinks he can jam better than me.
070. Listening To › Dragula by Rob Zombie. The kid challenged me to this song so trying to get a little extra practice in.
071. Plans For Tomorrow/Today › Eat, teach, study, take exam, make dinner for and relax with Liara.
072. Waiting For › A lot of things, actually. *fiddles with a ring on his finger*

YOUR FUTURE:
073. Want Kids? › Erm... Can I get back to you on that?
074. Want To Get Married? › Would love to. Unfortunately politics and media get in the way if I even so much as look at someone funny.
075. Careers in mind › I still don’t know what I wanna be when I grow up. But teaching works for now.

WHICH IS BETTER ON A BOY/GIRL?
076. Lips Or Eyes › Merlin... here come the hard questions! Although I know a pair of brown eyes I could easily get lost in and am easily persuaded by, I’ve gotta say lips.
077. Shorter Or Taller? › Than me? For my leg’s sake, I’m going to say at least a teeny tiny bit shorter. I can’t exactly stand on my tiptoes anymore, plus that would be awkward.
078. Romantic Or Spontaneous › Spontaneity is in itself romantic.
079. Nice Stomach Or Nice Arms › Are those the only choices I have?
080. Sensitive Or Loud › A mix of both is nice. Although... if she ever gets angry with me... I think I’ll just find a nice deep hole and wait out the storm... xD
081. Hookup Or Relationship › When I was a teen... I’ll admit: hookups. After I met Liara, I think I grew up a little... Not that I made it that noticeable. Wink
082. Troublemaker Or Hesitant › I know you’re hesitant in public, so as not to step on any toes, but in private I certainly advocate trouble! Wink

HAVE YOU EVER:
083. Lost Glasses/Contacts › Nope
084. Ran Away From Home › Nope. Dad sent me packing once I turned 18. He let the girls stay until they got married, though. So not fair.
085. Held A Weapon, For Self Defense › Yes. And not-so-yes...
086. Killed Somebody › I wouldn’t exactly say killed... More like Crucio-ed the hell out of them...
087. Broken Someone’s Heart › I’ve said a few hurtful things to someone I love... but I was heartbroken myself at the time.
088. Been Arrested › A couple of times, though once in play while touring Dad’s workplace.

DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
090. Yourself › I’ve had to, to survive this long. xD
091. Miracles › That depends upon the definition of a miracle.
092. Love At First Sight › Not really
093. Heaven › Nope
094. Santa Claus › Stiiiiiirike Three! You’re out! Although, Liara’s theory makes sense. So I might have to reevaluate that.
095. Sex On The First Date › You’ve clearly not played card games before, have you? Always save the best card for last! Wink So that would be a ‘no’.
096. First Kiss › Well, it wouldn’t exactly be all that special if we started on five or something, now would it?

ANSWER TRUTHFULLY:
097. Is There One Person You Wanna Be With, Right Now? > Yes... Though I’d rather be with her all the time.
098. Are You Seriously Happy With Where You Are, In Life? > More or less. Can’t have your cake and eat it, too.
099. Do You Believe In Destiny › Destiny who?
Back to top Go down

Gage Hall's Character Extras
Page 1 of 1